      From: rick <rhartwick@...>
      Subject: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Hand Air deflectors
      To: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, October 2, 2009, 7:04 AM

      --- In TriumphTrophy@ yahoogroups. com, "stickey" <stickey24@. ..> wrote:

      > While at my local Triumph dealer, i came across a set of Triumph hand defectors for a Trophy. but there was no instructions in the package. Has anyone ever fit these?

      Chris,

      I put them on mine quit a few years ago, and they help a little to direct the wind outward away from you body and hands. You are correct on the mouunting. There are two screws - you drill a hole in the windscreen for one screw from behind, and the other hole uses the uppermost windscreen screw.

      They only fit the stock 9 hole windscreen, since they conform to the windscreen shape itself. I'll try to take some pics when I can. Although my machine is a 2000, I found an older 9 hole upper fairing and repainted it, and went back to the 9 hole flip top windscreen. I found that that screen, along with a laminar lip type thing at the top, was quieter and more stable than the newer style. That, plus the hand deflectors, has been a good setup for me over the years.

      Rick Hartwick