61999Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: scottoiler

  • Jacques, Martin, VF-Group
    Mar 1, 2008
      Tom,

      Ref your question why I am still sceptical about the scottoiler: it is also my first bike with one, and it was purchased and fitted when the previous owner had the bike. So far, I have spent countless hours diagnosing and fixing faults with what should be a really simple system. I have found two faults so far, both of which were the installer's fault rather than scottoiler themselves.

      I am still persevering to get it working properly, but I have spent much, much more time trying to solve than I would have spent lubing the chain conventionally. I am sure they are great when working, but my perception is that they are fickle, unreliable systems right now. I hope I am proved wrong.

      Martin
      03 1200 in graphite
      Bath, England
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic