ineffable?

  • emz4585
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2013
      In one sense, and not an interesting one, we can say that all sensory
      experiences are ineffable, e.g., the taste of coffee, or a blue sky in the
      afternoon. But to anyone who has had the experience we can name, describe,
      and discuss that experience.

      If the Dhamma is a path or practice, and the teaching (suttas)
      philosophical elaboration of that, if it’s all based on one’s primary
      experiential realization, then there is nothing here that is ineffable,
      beyond language or concepts.

      metta, stephen