RE: Eternal security Begins in Heaven

  • faithmichaels32
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2013

       This is nonsense, as we are saved by faith, not works. Only those who are saved can perservere...because salvation is not just deliverence from the curse of death, but also from the power that sin has over us in this life. If you aren't saved, you cannot possibly resist the flesh and follow God. Seems like you are creating a catch 22 for yourself.

      ---In TrinityQuestion@yahoogroups.com, <trinityquestion@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Though we have eternal life now, it is only the down payment on eternal life.  What we have now is conditioned upon our continuance in the faith aka, endurance or perseverance:

       Matt 24:13      But he who endures to the end shall be saved.     NKJV

      Jesus alludes to this very down payment when He says:

      John 4:14

       but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."

      NKJV

      Water here is life which is Spirit.  It is also the Spirit who gives or IS the down payment on life and who gives the final payment on life which is resurrection which is the point that we get eternal life unconditionally.  We might ask the question, what is the firstfruits of the Spirit?

      John 6:63

       It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

      NKJV

      It is the Spirit that gives life now (water/down payment) and who gives life later resurrection (springing up into everlasting life).  That we are not now secure in the possession of eternal life we see:

      Heb 3:6

      but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

      NKJV

      Heb 10:22-24

       let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

      NKJV

      Heb 10:36

       For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:

      NKJV

      The rhetorical question that is posed is why would God be an Indian giver to gives us eternal life and then take it back?

      The obvious answer here is that we ONLY have the down payment on eternal life.  A down payment only holds a place in view of further evaluation.  A person who places a down payment on the purchase of property is still in the process of being qualified for purchase.  If he fails to be qualified he loses his right to or ability purchased that on which he has deposited his down payment.  Likewise, we having  been sealed with Gods down payment, the Spirit of God, the firstfruits of the Spirit have need of faithfulness and obedience in order to receive the final payment.  I suggest that a seal remains in force as long as the one so sealed remains qualified-faithful.