Re: This Day Have I Begotten Thee

  • faithmichaels32
    Message 1 of 287 , Aug 1, 2013
      You are an unbeliever becaue you don't believe the Bible, Jaye. Apart from the fact that Jesus is revealed to be the Son of God and that by denying this--and this means you are denying Jesus is God in the flesh, Immanuel--makes you an unbeliever...uou also must reject one of the gospel accounts because Jacob and Heli can't both be Joseph's father unless one is a father-in-law. Otherwise, you have to conclude that one of the books is mistaken--and that makes you an unbeliever as well.

      The Bible--which is the inspired Word of God--says that you are an unbeliever, as are many of those who post here.

      --- In TrinityQuestion@yahoogroups.com, "J.M." <my_groups65@...> wrote:

      > If that is the case then Luke could have been more accurate and written that Heli is the father of Mary. But he didn’t. He wrote Joseph. So Luke’s testimony does nothing to “prove” Jesus is the promised Messiah if one has to rely on his genealogy.
      >
      > Define “unbeliever”. Is an unbeliever somebody who disagrees with you, or somebody who disagrees with tradition? And don’t even attempt to say somebody who disagrees with the Bible unless you want yourself in that category because the bible clearly has JOSEPH and YOU replace that name with Mary. And if that’s not enough you argue with everyone here as if Mary is written in invisible ink and only you can see it.
      >
      > Is that another revelation?

    • faithmichaels32
      Message 287 of 287 , Aug 21, 2013
        The Spirit of God is also the Spirit of Jesus...and is also a separate person. For example, when Jesus left this earth, the Father (who is in heaven) sent the Holy Spirit here to dwell in us. Jesus is at the right hand of God in heaven--the Holy Spirit is here. In fact, Jesus is here too. This would be conflicting and confusing--even some what contradicting without understanding God's nature as a Triune being.

        In the meantime, Jesus says that He raises Himself from the dead. He doesn't say by the Spirit of God--He simply says He does it. The Father also raises Jesus from the dead, no mention of the Spirit in that passage either. So, which is it anyway? You have to choose. I can say "yes" to all three, because they are each the One same God.

        Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

        1 Thess 1:10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

        Hebrews 13:20 Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

        Acts 13:30 But God raised him from the dead, 31 and for many days he was seen by those who had traveled with him from Galilee to Jerusalem. They are now his witnesses to our people.

        John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."
        20 They replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?" 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body.

        John 10:17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."