Re: We don't understand death?

  • Gregory H
    Message 1 of 1149 , Feb 1, 2012
      What's funny is that 1) admitting God can't die, 2) admitting Jesus died, and 3) redefining death to be something that God COULD undergo, Trinitarians are really admitting that their new definition of death isn't really death at all, otherwise God wouldn't be able to experience it, since the Bible is very clear that God can't die!

      It's very clear to me: Jesus died, so Jesus can't be God. It also seems very clear to me that WHATEVER death is, God can't experience it. So any attempts by Trinitarians to redefine death are pointless.

      Greg

      --- In TrinityQuestion@yahoogroups.com, "paul.suanna" <paul.suanna@...> wrote:

      > Faith, here is the problem as I see it. The trinitarian view of the whole Bible has at it's centre Christ who is actually immortal God. The trouble is, He dies. Because we know that God can't die, a new definition of death has to be established. So begins a long chain of interconnected lies and half truths, amounting to, if I may quote, "you shall not surely die". And so, you not only tell me that Adam didn't really die, but presume to teach other people -who have read their Bibles properly - about your views on the other curses in Genesis.
      > Paul 3
      >

      > --- In TrinityQuestion@yahoogroups.com, faithmichaels31 <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Why are you pretending to know anything about what I know about science? That's what is laughable, apple. LOL!!
      > >
      > > The Second Law of Thermodynamics is a fact of this life and it is the result of the curse laid out for us in Genesis 3.
      > >
      > > Faith
      > >
      > > --- In TrinityQuestion@yahoogroups.com, applsaucefactory@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > In a message dated 1/31/2012 11:52:43 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      > > > no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
      > > >
      > > > Why do you ask that? Surely, since the fall of man, we surely do
      > > > die--every day. Just look around you. The entire creation is slowly dying....it's
      > > > called the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
      > > > So?
      > > > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      > > > xxxxxxxxxx
      > > > lol- i love it when people who know absolutely nothing about science try to
      > > > quote scientific laws- the second law of thermodynamics is only true for a
      > > > closed system- the earth is part of the universe and the universe is not a
      > > > closed system
      > > >
      > > > - the apple

    • Frank
      Message 1149 of 1149 , Apr 10, 2012

        In a message dated 4/8/2012 8:39:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time, frankmymail@... writes:

        Because the curse was death.  It was death that Jesus came to change.  As death was brought into the world by one man so the gift of life was brought by one man.  The whole point of the sacrifice was so death would pass over us.  See the explanation regarding the Passover lamb.  Jesus, being the Passover lamb, was sacrificed and his blood covers us so that death passes over us.

        The law called for each family to kill a lamb, cover the door posts with its blood, and eat the flesh.  One lamb was sufficient for the entire family.  We are all in the f amily of God.  One lamb is sufficient for the whole family of God.

        Sins, OTOH, were always forgivable.  Even before Jesus died.

        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

        well, been here, done this argument- ho hum

        - the apple

        FRANKS REPLY :

        Jesus was a  “perfect”    sacrifice , mainly because GOD Himself  was the one who CHOSE Jesus to BE the sacrifice, from among the flock.

        God chose Him, not because He didn’t have a “sin-nature”, but because He never sinned.

        Jesus was GOD’S CHOSEN , thus “perfect”  sacrifice !

        Whatever GOD CHOOSES , is perfect !