More About Who He Is

  • paulacharter
    Message 1 of 391 , Jan 27, 2010
      Many people who consider themselves to be Christians, believe
      that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, which I fully agree is a
      fact supported by Scripture. However, a number of church
      institutions have added to Scripture, by teaching that Jesus
      Christ is also God Almighty.

      Chances are you are well aware of the doctrinal position your
      particular church institution and its pastors/ministers/priests
      hold on this issue. Hopefully, you also know that according to
      Scripture, we are not to give man or the institutions of men the
      final word on any matter concerning the things of God, but are
      to study all things in God's written Word. For that reason I
      will PROVE who Jesus is by citing Scripture. (Despise not
      prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
      (Thes. 1 5:20-21)

      The Scriptural truth of the matter of who Jesus is:

      Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped
      him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
      (Matthew 14:33)

      And again:

      He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

      And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ,
      the Son of the living God.

      And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou,
      Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it
      unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew
      16:15-17)

      Those who crucified Jesus considered Him to be a mere man,
      and accused Him of blasphemy because He (Jesus) said He
      was the SON of God (which He definitely is). Scripture shows
      that Jesus never said, nor was he ever accused of saying, He is
      God Almighty, which some institutions teach. That was a lie
      concocted after His death. However, Jesus clearly stated who
      He was while He was on earth, so that we may know Him.

      But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and
      said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell
      us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

      Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say
      unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on
      the right hand of power (God's right hand), and coming in
      the clouds of heaven.

      Then the high priest [notice His accuser is a high priest]
      rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what
      further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have
      heard his blasphemy.

      What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of
      death. (Matthew 26:63-66)

      Subsequently, Jesus was crucified for saying He was the Son
      of God.

      And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest
      it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God,
      come down from the cross. (Matthew 27:40)

      He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have
      him: for he said, I am the Son of God. (Matthew 27:43)

      Now when the centurion, and they that were with him,
      watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things
      that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this
      was the Son of God. (Matthew 27:54)

      Paula
    • Sea
      Message 391 of 391 , May 28, 2010
        It has everything to do with the subject of Pentecost. It is your opinion
        that grace began at Pentecost. That is incorrect.

        Sea