Re: [TrinityQuestion] Re: Once saved always saved

  • Sea
    Message 1 of 228 , May 31 1:35 AM
      Again Phillip you can't possibly know that God has no digits because nobody
      has ever seen Him. You base this belief on what you imagine God to be. Air
      has no intelligence yet God is intelligent. Hence he is more than wind or
      air. Also you hoot because of your own image of God that is based on
      nothing more than your imagination. So we are both in the same boat aren't
      we. I take it literally because it is written and you rely on your own
      image of what God is. Neither of us can be absolutely certain because we
      haven't see Him.

      Shalom

      Sea

      Message 228 of 228 , Jul 14, 2008

        On Friday, Jul. 11 at 6:18 PM, seawife@... wrote:

        <<On the other hand there is a command to observe the Sabbath.

        Hebrews 4:9 (9) There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.>>
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        on the contrary- the word that is translated "remains" here is the word "apoleipo"- it means

        "1) to leave, to leave behind 2) to desert or forsake"- so this should be translated

        Hebrews 4:9 in conclusion, Sabbath keeping is being left behind (or deserted by) *God’s *people

        we have left sabbath keeping behind. it is no longer needed.

        we can see this in the other places the word is used in the new testament

        NAS 2 Timothy 4:13 When you come bring the cloak which "I left (behind)" at Troas with Carpus, and the books, especially the parchments.

        NAS 2 Timothy 4:20 Erastus remained (was left behind) at Corinth, but Trophimus ""I left (behind)" sick at Miletus.

        NAS Hebrews 4:6 Since therefore it remains (was left behind) for some to enter it, and those who formerly had good news preached to them failed to enter because of disobedience,

        AS Hebrews 10:26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains (is left behind) a sacrifice for sins,

        NAS Jude 1:6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned (left behind) their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day.

        we have left behind, deserted, forsaken, abandoned the sabbath

        - the apple