Dandelion 2010: Save the Date!

  • Shauna Aura
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2009
      Greetings Reclaiming communities,
      I’m excited to announce initial information for the 4th Dandelion Gathering. More information will soon follow including pricing, calls for programming, and more information about what Dandelion is. We hope you will join us!

      Harvest Blessings,
      --Dandelion 2010 organizing team
      Jason Muck, Jennifer Byers, Mark Mandrake, Sayre Vickers, Shauna Aura

      Dandelion Gathering 2010

      Dates: September 8-12, 2010
      Location: Diana’s Grove, near Salem Missouri

      What is Dandelion?
      Dandelion is a gathering of the tribes within the Reclaiming tradition. Occurring every two years, Dandelion is an open-format event that has been hosted in the Southwest, the Northeast, the Bay Area, and now the Midwest. It’s a place for Reclaiming-identified witches to come together, and hang out, share ideas, and celebrate life. It is a magical cauldron of limitless possibility which is shaped in the moment by the needs and desires of those who are present. It is four days of creating the world in which we wish to live.

      What happens at Dandelion?
      The programming of Dandelion comes together from you, the community of participants. At the Dandelion Gatherings in the past, there have been rituals, workshops, talent shows, and time to connect together as a community. What would you like to see at the next Dandelion Gathering? Are there workshops or rituals you’d like to offer, or like to request that someone facilitate? Also, the Dandelion Gathering hosts the BIRCH Meeting.

      What is BIRCH?
      The Broad Inter-Reclaiming Council Hub is a meeting that takes place during Dandelion and is a format to support many voices from across the Reclaiming tradition to be heard together. The intention of this assembly is to deal with wider issues in the Reclaiming tradition, nurture seeds of connection, communication, facilitate resource-sharing and skill building, and in general offer a way for Reclaiming practitioners to come together and grow our community. The meeting is open to any Reclaiming-identified individual or group.

      What is Diana’s Grove like?
      Diana’s Grove retreat center has been the host to the Midwest Witch Camp for many years. It is 142 acres of lush Ozark woodland with cabins, camping, a labyrinth, ritual areas, a creek, a hot tub, and amazing food. You can find pictures of the land, and more information about Diana’s Grove, at www.dianasgrove.com

      Sustainability
      This Dandelion Gathering is happening at the time of harvest, and we hope to offer locally-grown food as much as possible. We invite those of you who garden to plan to bring along some of your own harvest as part of the magic. The Dandelion organizing team is also looking for ways to reduce the environmental impact of this event, and we will be helping to organize carpools, as well as resource-sharing so that people who would like to attend don’t have to buy new camping equipment.

      Registration information coming soon! Check back at www.dandeliongathering.org in the weeks to come.

      Please feel free to forward this to other Reclaiming-interested lists if it has not already been posted there.

      Other contact information:
      Sayre: 773-458-0170
      Jen Byers: greenjenbyers@...