  • Patrick Brickey
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 23, 2009
      Alot of the caches we have found are old and not been kept up with,are there any new ones out
      thanks
      pbrickey65

    • Carl Dorton
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 23, 2009
        I'm sorry you are didappointed. I have been recovering from three neck
        surgeries for the past few months and have not been able to properly service
        my existing caches. Three new ones will be submitted soon though. Many of my
        micros have been archived and several more are soon to follow.

        Carl

        On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Patrick Brickey
        <partsman652002@...>wrote:

        > Alot of the caches we have found are old and not been kept up with,are
        > there any new ones out
        > thanks
        > pbrickey65

        I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phillipians
        4:13

      • LA Morton
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 23, 2009
          Patrick,

          Go to: www/geocaching.com/my/ and if you are a member you will be on the "Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site". When you get there scroll down to: List newest in Tennessee (If you are registered in TN) and click on that and it will list the newest caches in Tennessee. You can adjust it to get the newest caches in Virginia and etc.

          There are several new and older caches on the creeper trail in VA between White Top, Va. and Damascus, VA.

          Yes, I will have to agree there are a lot of old caches out there and some are not kept up. That is just something we all have to deal with when we go on the hunt.

          There many caches in the Tri-Cities area and you just have to run a Pocket Queries on the different cities.

          Just be persistent and keep learning.

          Happy Hunting,

          Larry Morton

          Alot of the caches we have found are old and not been kept up with,are there any new ones out
          thanks
          pbrickey65

        • dmott9
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 23, 2009
            Patrick,
            As a cache owner, I try to make a visit to my caches when I notice a log entry that its in poor shape. Sometimes it will take a month or so to get to them. Be courteous to the cache owner by indicating in the log or in a private email to the owner what condition you found the cache in. I'm sure there are several caches in the area that are in bad shape, but try to contact the owner then if that fails, you have two options: 1. Repair / replace the cache yourself 2. Recommend the cache be disabled so the owner can check on it.

            --- In TriCitiesGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Brickey <partsman652002@...> wrote:

            > Alot of the caches we have found are old and not been kept up with,are there any new ones out
            > thanks
            > pbrickey65

          • Patrick Brickey
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 23, 2009
              Carl
              Iam not disappointed ,this is fun for me and my daughter.Just thought they would be kept up as to all the questions i had about list our cache.Sorry you have been down hope your back on your feet soon
              thanks
              Patrick

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 23, 2009
                Thanks for the info,have cleaned up some caches with new dry logs and dry baggies
                thanks
                Patrick

                As a cache owner, I try to make a visit to my caches when I notice a log entry that its in poor shape. Sometimes it will take a month or so to get to them. Be courteous to the cache owner by indicating in the log or in a private email to the owner what condition you found the cache in. I'm sure there are several caches in the area that are in bad shape, but try to contact the owner then if that fails, you have two options: 1. Repair / replace the cache yourself 2. Recommend the cache be disabled so the owner can check on it.

                --- In TriCitiesGeocachers @yahoogroups. com, Patrick Brickey <partsman652002@ ...> wrote:

                > Alot of the caches we have found are old and not been kept up with,are there any new ones out
                > thanks
                > pbrickey65

              • Patrick Brickey
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 23, 2009