Thanks for an Alternative!

  • Michelle
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
      Thank you for doing this. It is time to have a group which can be
      friendly to all--caching without all the drama! Yes. :)
    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
        Your welcome. I think for now we can use this with the small group.

        I think we have a good start. PAL = Purpose, Agenda, Limit

        Purpose has been stated, unless you can elaborate further. Maybe come
        up with a logo that can be a multi-purpose logo. Descriptive of the
        area, use for T-shirt, coin, wooden-nickels, or tri-fold Intro to
        Geocachers for the local areas. We could emphasize the "TRI" or have it
        more geographic or map oriented logo. State outlines with county
        outlines inside them making up a circle around Bristol would work.

        Agenda = To promote Geocaching to the general public by educating and
        informing public officials including parks and recreation directors as
        well as Law Enforcement in the area. Also, to encourage those new to
        geocaching by having -small- -local- Meet and Greet gatherings.

        Limit = Include a list of counties in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest
        Virginia, Southeast Kentucky and Northwest North Carolina. Would a 60
        mile limit from Bristol, zip 24210 work ? Or everyone within an hours
        drive ?

        --- In TriCitiesGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle" <childres@...>
        wrote:

        > Thank you for doing this. It is time to have a group which can be
        > friendly to all--caching without all the drama! Yes. :)

      • Michelle Childress
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
          I like the PAL acronym.

          I am working on obtaining that appointment with Mr. Childress with Bristol
          Parks and Rec in my quest to obtain a 'blanket' permission for geocaching
          in the city. However, yesterday I was talking with Clurican and he
          suggested that I might want to approach the city manager for Bristol--Paul
          Spangler and try to get blanket permission for the entire city. We need
          to ponder that and move soon. We currently have 4 disabled caches in
          Sugar Hollow awaiting a move in some direction or the other.

          I would like to design a letterhead for our use when approaching
          businesses and public officials. It would lend some credibility to our
          sport.

          Ken (?) actually came home with a great graphic the other day which
          displayed states and counties...and was rather cool. I need to scan it
          and send it for you to see.

          I would like to see brochures posted in our files, letterhead stationary
          for all to use, and other useful documents. One example was the request
          to the group from some local cachers desiring information about good
          places to go for a Sunday afternoon caching trip with families.

          > Your welcome. I think for now we can use this with the small group.
          >
          > I think we have a good start. PAL = Purpose, Agenda, Limit
          >
          > Purpose has been stated, unless you can elaborate further. Maybe come
          > up with a logo that can be a multi-purpose logo. Descriptive of the
          > area, use for T-shirt, coin, wooden-nickels, or tri-fold Intro to
          > Geocachers for the local areas. We could emphasize the "TRI" or
          > have it
          > more geographic or map oriented logo. State outlines with county
          > outlines inside them making up a circle around Bristol would work.
          >
          > Agenda = To promote Geocaching to the general public by educating and
          > informing public officials including parks and recreation directors as
          > well as Law Enforcement in the area. Also, to encourage those new to
          > geocaching by having -small- -local- Meet and Greet gatherings.
          >
          > Limit = Include a list of counties in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest
          > Virginia, Southeast Kentucky and Northwest North Carolina. Would a 60
          > mile limit from Bristol, zip 24210 work ? Or everyone within an hours
          > drive ?
          >
          > --- In TriCitiesGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle"
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Thank you for doing this. It is time to have a group which can be
          > > friendly to all--caching without all the drama! Yes. :)
          > >

          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          > Visit your group "TriCitiesGeocachers" on the web.

          Michelle Childress, M.S.Ed.
          Instructional Technology Resource Teacher

          Washington County Schools
          John S. Battle High School (T, W,and F)
          276.642.5336 (voice mail)
          fax 276.645.2386
          High Point Elementary School (M and Th)
          276.642.5600
        • Dennis
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
            I agree with you there. The Logo has to be somewhat "portable" to be
            used on various things. Letterheads, buttons, coins, websites and all
            that. I think I hear a call for a PhotoShop qualified artist !

            Contacting Stosh or Fluffy also may help some to find out what they
            are doing and how to go about it. I am very impressed with Fluffy
            and her organizing efforts. The GeoQuest really made her shine, I
            think. She did alot of positive PR for Geocaching. If anyone
            deserved a Volunteer Reviewer coin, it would be Fluffy !
            "Hello NatureFish!" LOL!

            --- In TriCitiesGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle Childress"
            .

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
              I totally agree with you. I've been impressed with Fluffy since she
              attended our event for your 2K Dennis. She is smart, personable and means
              what she says.

              I see her as worthy of a VR coin for sure. She stepped out into the
              various communities and really worked hard to pull this new event
              together, pulled it off, and was diplomatic with the folks who were less
              than cooperative with the game rules.

              I really enjoyed my conversation with her when she learned of the 'loss'
              of our team members. She was very encouraging to me and helped me contact
              another couple who served us wonderful team mates--even if we did just
              meet the day of the event. I was so pleased that things worked out as
              they did. Sometimes things are meant to be and this was definitely one of
              those times.

              I am going to call and give her a personal thanks soon--I just didn't want
              to take it to the event page as a note.

              No room for unpleasant responses that way!