Need help with transporting our 12 year old TBI grandson

  • grandma46064
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2007
      Hello everyone. My name is Melinda. My husband and I are raising our
      12 year old grandson, Tyler, who has TBI due to shaken baby syndrome.
      His abuser was sentenced to 10 years in prison but Jack only served 3
      1/2 years. Due to the TBI Tyler also has intermittent explosive
      disorder. When we are driving down the highway he will unbuckle his
      seatbelt and reach forward and grab the steering wheel and yank on
      it. I have been looking to find a carseat or harness system in order
      to restrain him but with no success due to his age. Does anyone have
      any suggestions on where we might find something to keep him, us and
      others safe. He weighs 70 lbs. and is 53" tall.

      Thanks and God Bless.