Re: Anyone know of a 720 for sale?

  • hsembach
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 13, 2008
      What do you want for the 680? Maybe you can drop it off on the way to
      Miami?

      --- In TrailerTris@yahoogroups.com, "trisailer" <trisailer@...> wrote:

      > Hans,
      > This looks like just what your looking for.
      > http://miami.craigslist.org/boa/640186642.html
      > And it's in Florida even.
      > If you get it and don't like it, I might trade my 680 for it.
      >

      > --- In TrailerTris@yahoogroups.com, "hsembach" <hsembach@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Looking for a 720. The ones I saw on the internet are already
      gone.
      > > Looking in the Florida area. Thanks
      > >
      > > Hans

    • Bob Howard
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 13, 2008
        That tri is an interesting design.
        I just wish I was closer, I would love to look at her.
        Being an unproven design, I would think they are going to have a hard time selling it.
        But I love challenges.
        As far as my TT680, look in the picture section of the trailertri newsgroup.
        I have pictures posted under TT 680.
        Also on youtube.com, I have a video of the TT 680 sailing herself.
        I was on the bow filming and she just sailed along perfect.
        I'm not really in the market to sell it, but if I could swap for the other one, I might be tempted.
        I would rather not be without a tri, summer is just getting here and it's been a long winter.
        I do believe my TT680 is the last one in the USA.
        She is a wide cabin version and pretty much stock.
        I am finishing up a couple of changes, getting ready to hit the water soon.
        Have added the bed boards between the cabin seats, so two adults can sleep together, and old dogs like me do not have to get into the wing berths.
        Moved the anchor locker forward which allows full hatch access to v-berth and allows better ventilation to interior.
        Putting a water tank under sink and adding a bigger sink with fresh and saltwater faucets.
        Planned to do Ian Farrier's approved aft cabin bulkhead modification to allow bigger bed area aft, but probably will not get that done this year. Also would like to add the 720 wings and higher aft cabin roof, but then it's getting to modified to be classic.
        That would be a cool trip.
        Bring the TT680 down to Florida and bring back the other tri.
        If I can get my wife convinced, I plan on wintering in Florida aboard a tri.
        Have you been aboard a TT680 or 720?
        They are very unique and the folding is so easy.
        You actually have to hold onto the arms so they do not go open or closed too fast and hit hard.
        Other than raising the mast, it's as easy to launch as a fishing boat.
        The mast on a TT is easier to raise than any of Ians other designs and takes about 10 minutes. Personally, of Ians designs I like the TT's best.
        May not be the fastest of his designs, but way prettier lines and better cabins.
        How far are you from the other tri?
        Bob

        hsembach <hsembach@...> wrote:
        What do you want for the 680? Maybe you can drop it off on the way to
        Miami?

        --- In TrailerTris@ yahoogroups. com, "trisailer" <trisailer@. ..> wrote:

        > Hans,
        > This looks like just what your looking for.
        > http://miami. craigslist. org/boa/64018664 2.html
        > And it's in Florida even.
        > If you get it and don't like it, I might trade my 680 for it.
        >

        > --- In TrailerTris@ yahoogroups. com, "hsembach" <hsembach@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Looking for a 720. The ones I saw on the internet are already
        gone.
        > > Looking in the Florida area. Thanks
        > >
        > > Hans

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • hsembach
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 13, 2008
          I live across the Bay from Tampa. It sounds like it a nice tri down
          in Miami though testing Beta versions is just not my thing. I figure
          I'll just wait and see if anything pops up.

          Hans

          --- In TrailerTris@yahoogroups.com, Bob Howard <trisailer@...> wrote:

> [...]
          designs and takes about 10 minutes. Personally, of Ians designs I
          like the TT's best.
          > May not be the fastest of his designs, but way prettier lines and
          better cabins.
          > How far are you from the other tri?
          > Bob
          >

          > hsembach <hsembach@...> wrote:
          > What do you want for the 680? Maybe you can drop it off
          on the way to
          > Miami?
          >
          > --- In TrailerTris@yahoogroups.com, "trisailer" <trisailer@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hans,
          > > This looks like just what your looking for.
          > > http://miami.craigslist.org/boa/640186642.html
          > > And it's in Florida even.
          > > If you get it and don't like it, I might trade my 680 for it.
          > >

          > > --- In TrailerTris@yahoogroups.com, "hsembach" <hsembach@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Looking for a 720. The ones I saw on the internet are already

        • trisailer
          Message 4 of 9 , May 21, 2008
            --- In TrailerTris@yahoogroups.com, "hsembach" <hsembach@...> wrote:

            > Looking for a 720. The ones I saw on the internet are already gone.
            > Looking in the Florida area. Thanks
            >
            > Hans

            Not quite in Florida, but not that far away.
            SF craigs list has a 720 listed for sale.
            Here's the link
            http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/684241409.html
          • Hans, Hans Sembach, Sembach
            Message 5 of 9 , May 21, 2008
              Thanks, S.F. is WAY to far to go, with gas prices and time off work, it won't be feasible.