Fwd: News Briefs (the Church of Rome's weakness)

  • Brandon Davis
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2001

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • praisinjc@msn.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2001
        --- In TraditionalDogmatics@y..., Brandon Davis <bcarldavis@y...>
        wrote:

        <<Vatican opposes inclusive language in English
        liturgy>>

        Good for them, it is about time.
        They have already voiced Their disaproval with inclusive language
        Bible Translations before but nothing was said about the liturgys.
        This seemed contradictory as not only were the Liturgys inclusive
        language but the Scripture text was the New American Bible which is
        VERY inclusive.

        But outside of that, i think their liturgies simply need some
        reverence and understanding of God's Holiness restored to them.
        They reak of liberalism and sound more like the 1979 book of common
        prayer and alot of positivity thinking rather then worship.

        I guess this is an area where many Roman Catholics and Anglicans can
        both relate, our mutual distaste for revisionist destruction of our
        historic liturgys.

        Instead of the Tridentine, Catholics now have the todays missal.
        For Anglicans, instead of the 1928 book, we get an alternative
        services book posing as common prayer...which it isnt.
        More like the Heinz 57 'cut and paste your own liturgy' book.

        Brett<><