The Incarnation and other Issues

  • Brett Eustace
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2001
      The fact is that mary was essential in giving of her substance and humanity to Christ in her womb. If not mary then whoever else other then her that God might have chosen.
      According to scripture (Hebrews 2 puts it really well) apart from Christ being made like unto men..He could not have been a perfect atoning sacrifice for us...and in order to made like unto us He had to become a man and that by way of conception and birth in marys womb...take her out of the picture and we have no salvation. He HAD OF COMPLETE NECESSITY to be born of a woman. God did not become a pre-existant fetus before hoping into her womb and using her for an incubator. He was CONCEIVED n her womb and became incarnate through her and by her as God had decreed and planned before the foundation of the world.

      Leviticus 17:11 from memory also is one of many scriptural citations talking of the importance of the forgiveness of sin through the shedding of blood. Apart from the virgin birth, reception of the human nature from the substance of a jewish woman named mary, there is no shedding of blood and no salvation. The Eucharist is also BODY and BLOOD and testifies to the importance of the Incarnation...which is why simply making the eucharistic presence a 'SPIRITUAL' presence could be rather well argued as a mixing and confounding of the Two Natures.

      The Incarnation is alot more then just a non-essential or a way in which we 'relate' better to Christ although that is absolutely true.

      God BECAME man through marys womb, by and through her and i would point out that pretty much all protestant confessions agree...is she just another vessel?
      What other Godly woman was ever the Mother of God or a Shrine in which He took on Our Nature in order to fully save us?
      Why did she say all generations will call me blessed?

      she is, God blessed her socks off and us through her. Sorry for the diatribe, its late i tend to ramble:)

      brett<><

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2001
        I don't deny that the incarnation is a critical part of the Christian
        faith, but again who is Mary. Yes she is blessed among women, and
        thats it. She is just like any other woman. I don't understand why
        you keep going on about Mary for.