calling all Long Island/NY Tracy fans

  • bronxbrody
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 9:59 AM
      There's an awesome venue in Stony Brook, New York, on the north shore of Long Island that I would love to see Tracy in concert. BUT the gentleman who runs the cafe's concerts, a dj named Charlie Backfish, tells me sales have been down lately and he's just not sure Tracy can draw enough of a crowd. Well, I think she can! Especially after seeing all the folks who came out for her at the Brooklyn house concert. Here's the website for the place: http://universitycafe.org/sundayconcerts.php
      It is an incredible experience, very cozy and personal. Kind of like Joe's Pub in NYC without the hassle and crowded feeling. The concerts are usually held on Sunday afternoons, so there's plenty of time to come, enjoy and get home. I've seen Ellis Paul there a number of times, James Keelaghan, Slaid Cleaves just to name a few. I also saw Mark Erelli there and sadly enough, there was less than 20 people in the audience. I would hate to see that happen to Tracy.
      So, I don't know where to go from here other than appealing to you guys, her fans and see if we can get some sort of a head count!
      have a relaxing weekend!
      Janet
    • Nancy Mahoney
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3 6:53 PM
        I have been to that venue since I have family on Long Island & would make the 3 1/2 hour trip if Tracy were playing....
        Nancy