Re: [TrackChasers] Re: Capital City help and info

  • RPMGORDY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
      Greetings from your Breadman,

      This past Sunday I had the pleasure of riding to Quebec with Guy, Will
      and Mike Knappenberger for some ice racing. It was my first trip of what I hope
      will be many with Mike. It sure was a long, cold day that had me leaving my
      house at 3:00am and returning to same at 2:50 am the next morning. At that time
      I changed clothes and went straight to work. I am definitetly getting too old
      to do such things on a regular basis. Mike and I did get to add two tracks on
      the St. Lawrence River, one at Beauharnois and the other at St. Sulpice. Guy
      and Will only get to add the latter so far, as our commissioner is currently
      under the opinion that the former site is too close to the track location that
      is known as Maple Grove to be considered different. The highlight of the day,
      for me, was getting to meet Rick Young. I just wish it was a day more suitable
      for socializing. Temps were in the minus 10 to 15 degree Celsius range with a
      steady wind dropping it another 20 or so. The cars were the last to race at
      St. Sulpice, and the sun was setting when they hit the track at 5:20pm. That
      meant that we were exposed to the elements for more than 2 hours as our car was
      parked a half mile away. I haven't been that cold in a long time. It made it
      real hard to get any enjoyment out of the racing, though the first race we saw
      for flat track motorcycles was quite good and drew a "bye, bye, sweetie-pie"
      from the announcer after a long string of French words. I can't tell you if the
      announcer was good or merely excitable, as I don't speak a lick of French. If
      Rick will meet me at Brockville some Saturday this summer, I will buy him a
      beverage for ignoring him as I looked for spots that were in the sunshine and
      out of the wind. Eight more tracks to go to make that exclusive 1000 track club
      a six-pack. Adios.

      Gordy

    • colin herridge
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
        Gordy,
        Don't fret about ignoring Rick he's used to it lol.

        Colin

        RPMGORDY@... wrote:
[...]

        Auto racing game Auto racing supply Nascar auto racing Auto racing suit Auto racing collectible Auto racing magazine

        Colin H.