Re: [TrackChasers] Weekend Plans ??

  • Rick Young
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 7, 2006
      Will,

      Lac Cayamant... I`ve been logging in to the same ice racing forum as you and following your comments...I also had the same concerns as you about the car counts in the photos and was pleased to here the answer you got. ( I have to compliment you on your command of the French language, very impressive ! )

      Although it`s in the opposite direction from Sherbrooke, Lac Cayament appears to be only about a two hour drive from my place, so I`m going to try for it. I can then return home, sleep in my own bed and make an early morning start for Sherbrooke. I would prefer to be there for the "big day" (Sunday) to get some decent victory lane photos for the press.

      Kahnawaki... I`m begining to wonder if it`s going to happen... When I visited Mercier two weeks ago, I looked hard for adverts/posters etc at Gas stations , but saw nothing... Ive asked several people including Mario the SMAC Mag editor and have drawn a blank.... May I suggest if you go to Mercier this weekend, take a slight detour ( Kahnawaki is only a few miles from Mercier ) and ask at Gas stations. When I was at Mercier there was an ATV team from Kahnawaki, I saw there hauler in the pits ...maybe they might be able to help with info..

      Rick

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 8, 2006
        --- In TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Young" <stox@...> wrote:
        >Rick, I would love to come up but for the next 2 weeks I have a
        commitment to Arena Racing in Va. If Guy and Will decide that they
        are only going to go up on a Sunday the next two weeks I might be
        able to make it from Va. to Guy's house by 5am and just go with no
        sleep till I jump in the car with them. If I can't hook up with Guy
        and Will the next 2 weeks maybe they will do a trip the week of the
        25th which I can make.
        Mike

        2/4/2006

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 8, 2006
          Rick,

          Unfortunately I cannot take credit for any command of the French
          language, for I have been cheating. I'm using an online translator to
          compose my forum posts. All this recent translating has allowed me to
          learn to read some more words but it doesn't help with pronunciation or
          comprehending speech. Are you able to read the posts?

          It would be worth going a few extra miles on Sunday as we could stumble
          upon the races at Kahnawake or maybe at least learn if their running on
          the 19th. Mercier is reported to be running an oval again this Sunday.

          Will

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 8, 2006
            Roger F. noticed that Oswego Speedway in NY has slingshots scheduled to
            run on the new dirt track on Friday, June 16th. Looks like a chance for
            me to grab two new tracks there in two days, as TQs and slingshots are
            also there the following night.

            Will
          • Rick Young
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 8, 2006
              Will,

              I was wondering why you were so good LOL

              I can understand some of the posts, and if I get stuck, I get out my French/English dictionary,

              For the past 4 or 5 years I`ve been in Montreal for most of my working day so I`m gradualy picking up bits and pieces of the language.

              Rick Young wrote:

              >Will,
              >
              >Lac Cayamant... I`ve been logging in to the same ice racing forum as you and following your comments...I also had the same concerns as you about the car counts in the photos and was pleased to here the answer you got. ( I have to compliment you on your command of the French language, very impressive ! )
              >
              >Although it`s in the opposite direction from Sherbrooke, Lac Cayament appears to be only about a two hour drive from my place, so I`m going to try for it. I can then return home, sleep in my own bed and make an early morning start for Sherbrooke. I would prefer to be there for the "big day" (Sunday) to get some decent victory lane photos for the press.
              >
              >Kahnawaki... I`m begining to wonder if it`s going to happen... When I visited Mercier two weeks ago, I looked hard for adverts/posters etc at Gas stations , but saw nothing... Ive asked several people including Mario the SMAC Mag editor and have drawn a blank.... May I suggest if you go to Mercier this weekend, take a slight detour ( Kahnawaki is only a few miles from Mercier ) and ask at Gas stations. When I was at Mercier there was an ATV team from Kahnawaki, I saw there hauler in the pits ...maybe they might be able to help with info..
              >
              >Rick

              Auto racing collectible Auto racing game Auto racing magazine

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 9, 2006

                For the third year in a row (or is it the 4th) the VSCCA has scheduled a street race for the Camden, NJ waterfront. The scheduled date for this year's event is May 6-7. They have not actually run the race yet, so I'll believe it when I see it. But it is on their schedule, so it's only right it be added to the TrackChaser website and passed along for those that might be interested.

                www.vssc.org

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 9, 2006

                  That website is www.vssa.org. My "a" key stuck and I hit send before I could stop myself.

                  gms

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 10, 2006
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 10, 2006
                      Ice racing is scheduled for Issoudun, Québec, on Feb. 12 and 19. Over
                      100 cars are entered. I believe it is an oval with lots of contact. Exit
                      278 off Autoroute 20.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 10, 2006
                        Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO, reopens this year with a new figure
                        eight class as part of the weekly program.
                        www.lucasoilspeedway.com