More Ice Racing Info

  • Rick Young
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
      Maple Grove (PQ)

      I`ve heard from various sources that the racing at Maple Grove (PQ) on the St Lawrence Seaway will not be happening this year...
      Apparently there was a fatality there last year.

      WELLS .NY

      I`ve just recieved a message from AMEC saying this weekends racing a Lake Algonquin (Wells NY) is cancelled due to lack of the rquired thickness of ice.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
        Rick,

        Yes, a passenger in one of the race cars was killed last season at Maple
        Grove. There were a lot of messages on the forum about waiting for the
        coroner's report. Recent posts had led me to believe that they were
        going to run there again. One of the topics was asking 4 cylinder
        drivers whether they would choose to race at Maple Grove or Mercier. I
        can't say for sure if Maple Grove is running though.

        Will

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
          Will,

          As I say, it was just chat that I`d heard from various sources... but to reinforce the taIk,.... I regularly pass through Maple Grove, and this morning, and there was still no sign of any preparation of a track although the ice looks OK and the fishing huts are already in place for the ice fishermen.

          I`ll keep an eye open each week and keep you posted if I see any signs of racing

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
            The ACGQ ice races scheduled for Jan. 14 and Feb. 18 at
            St-Henri-de-Lévis have been canceled due to a fire at the location. The
            group plans to fill the second date at another location.

            Will
          • colin herridge
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
              I suppose thats whats known as fire and ice then :-)

              Colin

              Will White <trackchaser@...> wrote:
              The ACGQ ice races scheduled for Jan. 14 and Feb. 18 at
              St-Henri-de-Lévis have been canceled due to a fire at the location. The
              group plans to fill the second date at another location.

              Auto racing supply Auto racing suit Auto racing game Nascar auto racing Auto racing print Auto racing collectible

              ---------------------------------

              Colin H.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
                I found 3 more Québec ice racing locations scheduled for 2006.
                Jan.14: Baie-Comeau
                Feb. 5: Repentigny (cars ran here last year)
                Feb.26: St-Michel-des-Saints

                These are all in conjunction with a motorcycle/ATV series that also runs
                at Sherbrooke on Feb. 11+12.

                So far I haven't been able to uncover 2006 info on St-Eulalie,
                St-Sulpice and Ste-Geneviève-de-Batiscan, which all ran last year, or
                the newly discovered Issoudun which was at least scheduled to run in 2005.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
                  I found a web site for Circuit Ste-Geneviève-de-Batiscan. They are
                  scheduled to open January 14th and they run 8 cylinder stocks and 2
                  classes of 4 cylinders.
                  www.circuitstegenevieve.com

                  Will
                • Rick Young
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 7, 2006
                    Will,

                    Do you have any contact numbers for Repentigny, It`s less than a two hour drive for me and I`d like to find out more about it.

                    Rick

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 7, 2006
                      Rick,

                      I haven't found much on the cars as they are just an addition to the
                      motorcycles and ATVs at these events. I did read that the cars are
                      supposed to run at the end of the day at Repentigny, after everything
                      else is finished. It is at the marina so I guess on the St. Lawrence.
                      Apparently they used to run a 2 day show there but this year they have
                      to do it all in one day.

                      This is a number for Buddy Ford racing, but as it is mainly a motorcycle
                      operation I don't know if they could tell you anything about the car
                      races: 450-654-8193
                      www.buddyford.com

                      Will

                      Rick Young wrote:

                      >Will,
                      >
                      >Do you have any contact numbers for Repentigny, It`s less than a two hour drive for me and I`d like to find out more about it.
                      >
                      >Rick

                    • Rick Young
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 1, 2006
                        Will,

                        Looking forward to adding Ste Eulilie to my list soon

                        Are you sure there are cars racing at Repentigny ??? this Sunday .. I was told it was a bike racing event

                        Rick

                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 1, 2006
                          Rick,

                          I haven't contacted anyone personally but I read an article stating that
                          car races are to be held at the end of the day, following the motorcycle
                          and ATV program. This is the 17th running of the event and it appears
                          the cars ran at the end of the day at least the past couple years anyway.

                          Tonight I found out about yet another Québec ice racing venue. This one
                          is a tri-oval at the Club La Relève east of St-Joseph-de-Beauce. This
                          year is the second running, it's on Sun. Feb. 19, first race at 11:00
                          am. Motocross, quads, 4-6+8 cyl. autos.

                          Will

                          Rick Young wrote:

                          >Will,
                          >
                          >Looking forward to adding Ste Eulilie to my list soon
                          >
                          >Are you sure there are cars racing at Repentigny ??? this Sunday .. I was told it was a bike racing event
                          >
                          >Rick

                        • Rick Young
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 1, 2006
                            Will,

                            thanx for telling me about that new one, I`ll have to get my map out, as I havnt heard of the place !

                            Rick Young wrote:

                            >Will,
                            >
                            >Looking forward to adding Ste Eulilie to my list soon
                            >
                            >Are you sure there are cars racing at Repentigny ??? this Sunday .. I was told it was a bike racing event
                            >
                            >Rick

                            Auto racing suit Nascar auto racing Auto racing collectible