Season Review

  • ANDREW B. SIVI
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2000
      Hello Everyone,

      I did not go South this weekend, so my 2000 racing season is finally over. I had originally planned to leave for Hardeeville, SC Wednesday after my all day accounting seminar. However, I woke up Wednesday morning with what I thought was going to be a 24 hour flu. Unfortunately it has lasted
      through now and I did not feel like traveling sick. Hardeeville got washed out Wednesday and Thursday but raced last night.

      I ended up going to 108 races at 108 different tracks in 27 states. 99 of the tracks were new to me, bringing my lifetime total to 618. I had 9 rainouts during the year, 5 of them coming after September 22nd. I put 43,074 miles on my Camaro. I spent $1,318.50 on race admissions; from $3.00 for micro-sprints at Pittsfield, IL to $75.00 for the inaugural Indy Formula One race. I saw approximately 6,500
      different race cars during 2000.

      Hopefully, I will start out the 2001 racing season Monday at Sandusky, OH for their annual Hangover race.

      Andy Sivi

    • Randy Lewis
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2000

        Andy,

        I think this is the most significant all time record (99 tracks in one year) that a trackchaser could achieve.  Sort of like the 56 game hitting streak of Joe DiMaggio!  Don't know if Hardeeville was new for you or not.  If it was I would be surprised you didn't try for the century mark even though you weren't feeling well.  Nevertheless, major achievement.  Nice going!

          "ANDREW B. SIVI" <andycv@...> wrote:

[...]

        Community email addresses:
          Post message: TrackChasers@egroups.com
          Subscribe:    TrackChasers-subscribe@egroups.com

          http://www.egroups.com/community/TrackChasers

        Randy Lewis
        # 1 track chaser West of the Mississippi and European racer from San Clemente.  When you get the choice to sit it out or dance......dance, I hope you dance.

        Do You Yahoo!?

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2000
          Andy S.,

          I agree with Randy. 99 new tracks in one year is an incredible achievement. Given the fact that you still had a couple days left to try for #100 I am surprised you didn't go for it. Helluva deal to let slip away.

          At any rate, congratulations on a fantastic run in 2000. I think the lead pack will have to start watching their back in the next couple years because you are coming on strong.

          --Will