Happy Holidays

  • Don McAuley
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 25, 2000

      I just want to wish all of you a happy and safe holiday season.

      Here it is Christmas day and I finally have a few hours to myself to devote to whatever I want. Guess what that is? You diehards know don’t you! Yes, even on this day we can’t get racin’ out of our system.

      Will,

      You are the one we should be thanking, this is a great group to be a part of and I for one am glad you started it. Hope to run into you again in 2001.

      Allan,

      We can really relate. This year’s weather is making up for the last three nice winters. Today the temp is –17C ( about 2 or 3 F) and it’s the first time all month that it has gotten above 0 F. That’s day or night. Every one knows it’s cold up here but this is getting ridiculous, every day we’re 15 degrees below normal. Like you we’ve been getting lots of snow too but at least it’s not EVERY day.

      Sue and I look forward to seeing you guys again in the new year, too.

      Everyone,

      Good luck on your track chasing adventures next year. I expect to only get to 4 or 5 new tracks again but it’s only nineteen more years to retirement, then watch out!

    • rpmgordy
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 25, 2008
        Greetings from your breadman,

        Hope your holiday was kind to you. I drove to MA to spend the
        day with Suz, who has recovered enough to make us dinner as I write
        this. She gets a little stronger every day, but it will still be a
        couple weeks at best until she comes home. I did get track #1164 on
        Saturday night as I added the Kemper Raceway in the arena of the same
        name. A few other trackchasers added the track the night,morning and
        afternoon before heading home or to othe tracks. I got there during
        the midget portion of the show at 6:40 just as the 3rd heat was
        trackside. 7 more heats, 2 D's, 2 C's, 2 B's and an A were run off
        between then and 10:40 when the final checkered fell. Wish I'dve
        known BIGDADDO was there, as it would've helped pass the time during
        the delays that only reminded me how cold it was. It was 3 degrees F
        when the show ended. It wasn't much warmer than that inside. This was
        an expensive show as others noted, made more so by ridiculous
        concession prices. The temps made the $3.50 for coffee a necessary
        expense. While I was there Delta cancelled my flight home the next
        day, and rerouted me through Atlanta on 1 of the busiest flying days
        of the year. There had to 400+ people in line at the Delta customer
        service desk looking to get standby tickets due to all the storms
        throughout the country. A shame I didn't see any "sponsored"
        trackchasers in that line. Ranked #1 skipped out of KC early to avoid
        me. We probably crossed paths at the rental car place. Anyway, it's
        time to start planning for 2009. Adios.

        Gordy Killian
        Your lifetime NGD leader
      • snakeyk1usa
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 23, 2013
          I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. We are almost through another year. I feel real tired from a very eventful year. My main goal for 2014 is to have no goals. I will take 2014 week by week and just hope for the best. I hope Santa treats everyone well. Good night to all
        • Bing Metz
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 24, 2013
            same to you

            On Monday, December 23, 2013 8:28 PM, "KNAPPM@..." <KNAPPM@...> wrote:

            I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. We are almost through another year. I feel real tired from a very eventful year. My main goal for 2014 is to have no goals. I will take 2014 week by week and just hope for the best. I hope Santa treats everyone well. Good night to all

          • towbarsunlimited
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 23, 2014
              I want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday season and best wishes for 2015. I hope everyone experiences  very few rain outs next year.

              For anyone looking for warm weather and racing next month Cocopah Speedway (south of Yuma) starts racing on Jan 2nd and has quite a few January dates scheduled. The chances of getting rained out are slim and Yuma is one of the warmest places in the country. Vince
            • snakeyk1usa
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 24, 2014
                No races planned for this weekend but it should be busy. Tonight is the easy night as the family gets together on another turf. Tomorrow is the hectic day as Ashton will be up real early to start opening gifts. Family will arrive after lunch and Kathy always makes way to much good.
                Friday I am planning on hopefully meeting Edward for hockey night.
                Saturday is concert day with Jeff for my fifth concert of the year thanks to the Sellersville VIP.
                Saturday night could be hockey again.
                Sunday will be mixed but the only thing for sure is my four PM Sunday Seven show in Race Chasing for all race fans and drivers.
                I am tired just thinking about it.
                Happy Holidays and safe travels to all.
                Mike K.