RE: [TrackChasers] Most Countries

  • Vanden Eynde Roland
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 8, 2005
      Rick,

      I checked and he never raced in the Netherlands. Before his carrer in F1, he raced in F König, FF1600, F3 and sportscars. Neither of the classes he raced in had races in the Netherlands when he was competing in them. However, it's always possible he did the odd race I'm not aware about.

      On your suggestion about North American drivers, I think Mario Andretti probably has over 100 tracks, but not necessarily in more than 20 countries. As for Jacques Villeneuve, he started his career in Italy, than went to Japan and Canada, before getting into Champcars and F1.

      Roland

      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 6, 2005
        To add to a thread from last month, when we wondered who had raced in
        the most different countries, Roland came up with a candidate who will
        be tough to beat. He's India's first Formula One competitor, Narain
        Karthikeyan. Amazingly, the 28 year old has already raced in 24
        different countries! Luckily he was on one of the 3 teams that ran at
        Indy this year or he wouldn't even have raced in the US yet. Karthikeyan
        is known as "The Fastest Indian in the World".