Rockingham, NC Road Course

  • Andy Sivi
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2005
      Guy,

      Do you have the North Carolina Speedway Road Course on your hit list for North Carolina? I wasn't aware of this until seeing Randy's pictures when he apparently went there on Saturday, October 22nd. He had pictures of the NEXTEL Cup race on Sunday so I presume it was the prior day. It was a NASA race on the road course utilizing part of the oval.

      Andy S

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 27, 2005
        Do you have the North Carolina Speedway Road Course on your hit list for North
        Carolina? I wasn't aware of this until seeing Randy's pictures when he
        apparently went there on Saturday, October 22nd. He had pictures of the NEXTEL
        Cup race on Sunday so I presume it was the prior day. It was a NASA race on the
        road course utilizing part of the oval.

        Andy S

        No, that's another one to add to the list! The last I had known was that they had stopped using the road course for anything except go kart racing. I guess when the track "closed", it opened up other possibilities for its use, including countable racing on the road course.

        Thanks for showing the character and sportsmanship to share information that you found out about an active track not listed on www.trackchaser.com with the rest of the listserve community. I'm sure that I am not the only person in the group that will find the information useful.

        gms

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 27, 2005
          Andy,

          NASA ran on the Rockingham road course in June as well as last Saturday.
          I was unaware they had anything countable there this year so thanks for
          pointing that out.

          Will

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 28, 2005
            Guy,

            You can add Buck Creek Speedway in Chesnee, SC, to your hitlist if it
            isn't already on. They ran Senior Champs at least a few times this summer.

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 2005
              In a message dated 10/28/05 20:26:42, trackchaser@... writes:

              << Guy, You can add Buck Creek Speedway in Chesnee, SC, to your hitlist if it
              isn't already on. They ran Senior Champs at least a few times this summer.
              Will>>

              Thanks, Will. Adding the Rockingham Road Course and Buck Creek to the list
              of tracks needed from the 30 Regions that are currently on my Hit List, brought
              the total back to 100 for the first time since early this year. I vowed all
              season that I was not going to let that happen, but your superior googling
              skills defeated me in the end. Oh well, the more tracks on the list, the more
              places to go play. On January 1, I will add a 31st region to the list and it
              will bounce way above 100 anyway.

              By the way, did you every find confirmation one way or the other about Glen
              Ridge Figure 8, Interstate Fair Grounds, or Friendship Inner Oval? For those
              of you reading, these were tracks that we saw 2005 scheduled dates, but had no
              confirmation that the events took place.

              I very much appreciate your efforts.

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 29, 2005
                Guy,

                No, I don't know if any of these actually took place.

                Will