Bloomsburg Figure 8

  • mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30 3:29 AM
      Last night I headed for the Bloomsburg Fair. I was looking to run
      into Guy and Pam but could not find them in the crowd. They ran eight
      heats with some having 7 cars and some having 8 for a total of 61
      cars. There was 3 flips with the #31 getting on his lid 2 times in
      one heat. The driver hit the same tire 2 times at the same place for
      his 2 flips. I think he enjoyed the responce from the crowd. I will
      say I enjoy Bloomsburg more during the day shows. The lighting was
      not the best and the car count seemed to be down. I can remember when
      they got 80 cars or better a few times. The good part of running it
      on a Thursday night is no dust and you don't have to use a race night
      for a figure 8 race. I was back home in West Lawn by 11:45 and happy
      for the chance of getting 4 races this week.
      Mike K.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30 4:52 AM
        Mike:

        I ended up not going to Bloomsburg for several reasons. First, Pam couldn't go because she teaches night class on Thursdays. Second, I was hoping that my Bloomsburg college roommate Tom would bring his two boys and go to the races with me. But he's too old, boring, and hobbled to do anything fun anymore. Third, Pam and I went to the Bloom fair on Wednesday. Fourth, it was not a new track for me, even though I enjoy it. Fifth, I had to work all day Thursday and Friday, I was out Wednesday night, and will be out at our football game Friday night. Sixth, today is the end of the first marking period, so I have lots of papers to grade and marking period grades to calculate. And seventh, I wanted to finish building steps for the hot tub, since the little step stool we have been using wasn't really that safe.

        I'll be at Bridgeport tomorrow for sure.

      • mike
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30 9:10 AM
          --- In TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com, RTRYFBAR@A... wrote:
          > Mike:

          Guy, I will catch up to you at Bridgeport. When you were at the fair
          were they having the hotdog price war? I came in gate 5 and the stand
          had them 1.25. I walked straight down toward the grandstand and I saw
          1.00, then 2 for 1.75 then 2 for 1.50 and the last stand must have
          been sick of playing games so he put the sign out 3 for a buck. I
          guess you know where I ate. I love them dogs.