New England Questions

  • deskjet960@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2005
      I have a couple New England Questions for any informed tackchaser to respond.
      First, does the Claremont, NH Figure eight, which is weekly, I assume, on
      Friday nights, run at the conclusion of the nights' races , at the beginning ,
      the middle of the program or what?? Also, I am thinking of hitting the
      Spencer, MA figure eight this Saturday night. What time does this thing start? and
      is it a definate date? It is not listed on the trackchaser site for Mass,
      so I am very concerned about it running. Thanks in advance for any help, PJ
      * I got four new tracks last weekend and I will file a report
      tomarrow evening*.

    • John
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2005
        --- In TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com, deskjet960@a... wrote:
        > I have a couple New England Questions for any informed tackchaser to
        respond.
        > First, does the Claremont, NH Figure eight, which is weekly, I
        assume, on
        > Friday nights, run at the conclusion of the nights' races , at the
        beginning ,
        > the middle of the program or what??

        Claremont runs their Figure 8's near the begining of the program, I
        believe. When I was there last month they did. They have no lighting in
        the infield do they have no choice.

        John
      • pewseerace@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30, 2005
          the web site for spencer is
          www.SpencerFair.org
          see you later eleanor just got back from fonda
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30, 2005
            PJ,

            Yes, Spencer lists the figure 8 on their schedule for Saturday at 6:00
            pm. I just updated the web site and the Spencer Fair link is on now. I
            am still only about halfway through updating the state pages for 2005.
            Then I have to continue working on the rest of the world.

            Eleanor,

            Did you and Paul go to any new tracks between the Reading figure 8 on
            August 12 and the Holmes Co. figure 8 on August 16?

            Thanks,
            Will
          • Bruce.A.Spencer@hitchcock.org
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
              --- You wrote:
              I have a couple New England Questions for any informed track chaser to respond.
              First, does the Claremont, NH Figure eight, which is weekly, I assume, on
              Friday nights, run at the conclusion of the nights' races , at the beginning ,
              the middle of the program or what?? Also, I am thinking of hitting the
              Spencer, MA figure eight this Saturday night. What time does this thing start? and
              is it a definite date? It is not listed on the track chaser site for Mass,
              so I am very concerned about it running. Thanks in advance for any help, PJ
              * I got four new tracks last weekend and I will file a report
              tomorrow evening*.
              --- end of quote ---

              PJ,

              Claremont runs the figure 8 as the first feature because they use an inner track that wouldn't be as well lit. There's also a new enduro race scheduled in late Sept. at Bullwinkle's Raceway in Greenville, Maine. I've never been there, but my guess is that this might be a one off sort of deal.

              Thanks,
              Bruce Spencer
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
                Sanair, Québec, has a 200 lap enduro scheduled for Sunday, October 2, at
                12:30 pm, on the 1/3 mile paved oval.
                www.serieprocam.com

                I was thinking I may go to Potosky's Cornfield 500 on October 1st but
                this complicates things a bit for me.

                Will
              • deskjet960@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
                  Thanks to Bruce, Will and Eleanor for all the helpful information.. PJ