fig 8 need info

  • pewseerace@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
      Hi,
      Does Bangor Maine have a web site? Does any one know what time their fig 8
      is?

      Guy
      How big was that fairgrounds I forgot its been a long time since we were at
      that place?

      Morris fairgrounds is nice about the same size as Dunkirk and you park on the
      fair grounds. In past years when we been their always a line for tickets for
      the demo derbies. It seems about right the next county over from Norwich.

      Guy,
      If you go to turkey trot night before Schaghticoke we are trying to think if
      any motels in that area. It is the last horse race weekend at Saratoga so
      don't go in that directions for a motel they will be sky high prices. We will
      keep thinking and which route to take from there to Schaghticoke then you could
      spend longer at the fair if I get the next flyer with more info middle of
      month I will mail it to you with the fair map and directions. Turkey trot has a
      small bleacher or bring chairs and sit by car in shade.
      see you later e
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
        Eleanor,

        August 6th @ 8 pm.
        www.bangorstatefair.com

        Will

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
          I apologize to all the addicts out there who have gone into severe
          withdrawal over the past few weeks because they haven't been able to get
          their regular TrackChaser standings fix. I've been working on the track
          lists and other updates. Hopefully the site will be updated by sometime
          on Sunday. Thanks for your patience.

          Will
        • deskjet960@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
            Will, When I talked to Kurt Busch last year at Vegas I told him about us
            trackchasers and how we went to all these tracks all over the place, and he said
            he thought that was "really neat". And, that his hobby was to get to all the
            Big League baseball stadiums in the US and Canada. Last week when he went
            to the F1 Grand Prix in Hungary, he said he wanted to "add another country" to
            the tracks he's been to. (A couple years ago he went to the German GP.) He
            made me think of you! PJ

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2005
              In a message dated 8/3/05 21:20:55, pewseerace@... writes:

              << Hi,
              Does Bangor Maine have a web site? Does any one know what time their fig 8
              is? Guy, How big was that fairgrounds I forgot its been a long time since we
              were at
              that place? >>

              Not that big. The whole fair is done by one company, and they have all the
              food stands, rides, etc. I was disappointed that there were no local groups
              with food stands.

              gms
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 7, 2005
                Phew! I'm happy to announce that the www.trackchaser.com has finally
                been updated with everything through Ed's reports earlier today. Almost
                600 track visits (including the 199 of Carol Lewis that don't show up
                yet on the site) have been added. That also includes our new Top 40
                Worldwide TrackChaser, whose identity can be ascertained by checking out
                the TrackChasers page. I told you he was someone many of us have seen at
                various tracks.

                Now I can turn my attention back to my own track reports from last month.

                John Sullivan, it's good to see your enthusiasm for joining in the fun.
                I hope you're able to continue traveling to some new tracks. There are
                most likely other primitive tracks running in Maine, so perhaps you'll
                be able to unearth one or two for us to visit.

                I was the first TrackChaser to go to Unity Dirt Track, which was known
                variously as Barnyard and The Outlaw Dirt Track back then (1995). I was
                actually on my way to the Winterport Dragway when I passed the sign for
                it. Of course, I had to turn around and go to "Barnyard" instead. While
                there, I was informed of another dirt track running later the same
                afternoon, an hour away! What a score. The other track, Corson's Crazy
                Corners in St. Albans, was in a field behind somebody's house. Fans
                gathered in the back yard to watch. I think they had 5 cars.

                Corson's soon closed, but was probably replaced by one or more similar
                tracks in the area since then. John, I'm appointing you with the job of
                finding us another dirt track in Maine!

                Will
              • John
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 7, 2005
                  Will, mission acomplished (maybe). There is one other dirt track
                  besides Unity and Bullwinkle's that I know of. It is Fayette Speedway
                  in Fayette. It is a 1/4 mile. It was scheduled to run Saturday
                  afternoons this year. Here is a link for a scedule:
                  http://wickedgoodracing.com/schedule.html
                  Not sure if it's running, but there is another page on this site that
                  gives contact info. I work on Saturdays, so this is a no go with me for
                  this year unless they run a Sunday this fall.

                  John
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 7, 2005
                    John,

                    You're fast! Good work with the Fayette info. I stopped at that track
                    several years ago and what I found looked like there was no way they
                    could hold oval racing there. Perhaps I was not at the right spot, but
                    it was all very steep hills and very rocky. I thought maybe they had an
                    offroad or something but even that would have been really wild.

                    Now I can't stand the (southern and central) New England traffic anymore
                    but I might be tempted to try for it one of these Saturdays.

                    Thanks,
                    Will