CRATES PURSE HAS WENT UP TO WIN

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005

      The moral of the story is: Never trust a south eastern short track promoter,
      or someone who writes barely literate headlines like the above.

      My plan for this weekend was to go to Sugar Creek, SC on Friday; Cochran, GA
      on Saturday; spend Sunday traveling to the east coast of Virginia and finding
      a nice seafood buffet in Virginia Beach for Pam and I, then go to the street
      race in Norfolk, VA at Town Pointe Park on Monday. Four days, three new
      tracks, all on the hitlist.

      Sugar Creek, SC owed me, as Pam and I went there once before and they
      canceled after an afternoon shower. Soon after that they went out of business because
      the grader broke (Hello! Fix it!). An interesting side note is that when we
      were in Union, SC the first time for Sugar Creek, we ate at the
      bar/restaurant that Susan Smith used to work at. If you recall, she is now in prison for
      drowning her children. Anyway, they screwed up my order twice, and all I
      ordered was a Pork Roll Sandwich! Tells a bit about the folk in that area. Now
      the track is open again. And it is no doubt headed for the same fate as before.

      The website still says that the next race is Friday, July 1. But not
      trusting any tracks in South Carolina after having been burned too often, I decided
      to call the track phone on Thursday night. First I got out the ad in Racing
      News, but they don't even have the right phone number. The correct number is in
      the NSD, and when I called the track the message said "No racing this Friday,
      next race is next Friday". Of course that message could be weeks old, for
      all I know, because the website says they are running tomorrow. So I call the
      other number in the NSD, the promoter's house. The first two times I called a
      very small boy answered and after saying hello, hung up on me. The third time
      the promoter answered, and he confirmed the races were canceled because it
      rained during this week and the pump is broken (Hello! Fix it!).

      Wonder why I hate going to the Carolina/Kentucky/Georgia tracks?

      No sense going all the way to Cochran, GA for one race, then all the way back
      to the Virginia Atlantic coast. So now the plan is for some local racing
      (maybe Penn Can which would be new for Pam), minor league baseball in Norfolk,
      seafood buffet, and the race on Monday. Looks like only one new possibility
      this weekend.