Re: [TrackChasers] TrackChaser website

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
      Andy:

      Allow me to answer for El Will.

      http://members.nbci.com/TrackChaser/

      GuySmith
    • RPMGORDY@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
        Hi, guys.

        Andy. I talked to Dave Kittey today and he wasn't sure that he'd ever met
        you. He says to tell you to introduce yourself should the occasion present
        itself.

        Gary J. The reservations are made and I will be at Pahrump on Dec. 3. Let me
        know if you plan on attending and I'll try and hook up with you. Thanks again
        for the date.

        This past weekend I had the rare chance to add 2 tracks to my list that had
        been closed for 20+ years. Both shows suffered from their owners
        inexperience. Neither facility was totally ready. One was paved, the Chemung
        Speedrome, and will be a state of the art facility upon completion. The other
        is dirt, the Latrobe Speedway, and is changed little, except for new
        bleachers and buildings. Both ran in the afternoon because the lights were
        inoperable, yet ran into darkness. Both ran 4 divisions when 1 or 2 would be
        better for getting your feet wet. Both had inefficient and inconsistent
        officiating despite the fact that most of the officials themselves had
        experience at other tracks. Neither had concession stands able to handle the
        decent yet less than capacity crowds on hand. The first has delusions of
        granduer, already booking a NASCAR modified tour race for next year that the
        facility won't be able to handle even when completed! . The other plans to run
        a more economical show on Sunday nights that probably won't have any touring
        series, at least for the first year. I wish them well, but have a better
        feeling for the success of Latrobe. Just my opinion.     Gordy