RE: [TrackChasers] Lopik autocross

  • Randy Lewis
    Message 1 of 18 , May 31, 2005
      Will,

      Roland and I did discuss this at the track. I told him the Lopic large track was nearly identical to the "road course" at Trail-Way Speedway in Pennsylvania. If Trail-Way is a road course then Lopic is a road course since they are very much the same.

      Randy

      Vanden Eynde Roland <roland.vandeneynde@...> wrote:
      Will,

      This in indeed a cliffhanger. I did have a long conversation about it
      with Randy, but I forgot about it when I handed in my track list. The
      kink really wasn't that obviuos from most vantage points, but there was
      a slight kink, so I can agree with it being labelled as a road course.

      Roland

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 1 2:09 PM
        The Blyton countable was Norasport buggies known as Dakarts. They ran on the
        supercross track, different config to the rallycross, using the near part of
        the rallycross track and some of the infield.

        My Ipswich shale track was for Stockkarts at last year's Speedweekend, if
        you look on Pete Burge's list he got Reliant 3-wheelers, also at a
        Speedweekend

        Can you e-mail me privatley with info about the NEC halls used. I'm sure
        I've seen more but not sure which was when
        Cheers mate,

        Spike

        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 1 6:07 PM
          TrackChasers,

          You've been presenting me with some difficult decisions lately and I
          feel that perhaps it is time to renegotiate my contract as commissioner.

          Firstly, in regards to the larger autocross track at Lopik, Netherlands,
          viewed on May 14 by Randy, Spike and Roland. After going back and forth
          on this one, I ultimately have decided to continue designating it as a
          road course (sorry Spike). The reasoning used was the same as I used in
          calling the Trail-Way Speedway scrambles track a road course. Although
          what was seen may have been merely an oval with a slight bend on one
          straight, both the scrambles and autocross type of racing is normally
          held on temporary tracks that can change shape and size from one meeting
          to the next. Even though Trail-Way's scrambles races are held on a
          permanent oval, it was originally announced that the shape of the track
          would change from week to week. Therefore, I decided it was best to call
          it a road course, since no one knew what shape would be used on any
          given day, and I didn't want people going there multiple times trying to
          see an oval and a road course. Similarly, the Dutch events that utilize
          2 tracks at the same meeting, more often than not will have the
          autocross formula on a course and the bangers on an oval.

          Next, we move on to Andy Ritter's discovery of the inner and outer ovals
          at Glen Ridge, NY. According to Andy's information, the new outer oval
          is larger than the old track and the new inner oval is smaller than the
          old track. Yet, according to the rules, only one new track can be added
          by those of us who already have the original oval. Since the change in
          size between the old track and either of the new tracks is quite minor
          (I considered the old track a quarter mile on sight), I will rule that
          the inner oval is the new track. For those of us who have the original
          track on our list, we must see countable racing on the inner oval to add
          a second track.

          Now, about that pay raise...

          Will White
          TrackChaser Commissioner
        • colin herridge
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 1 6:12 PM
            Will,
            Whats the cost of living in the USA 5% well i think that wouldn't be seen as excessive !!! hell
            if was down to me i'd double what ever you're on now,perhaps we can discuss this in Helvetia.
            Colin

            Will White <trackchaser@...> wrote:
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Colin H.

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 1 6:26 PM
              Colin,

              I was thinking more along the lines of sending me on a longer trip next
              time, or at least throwing in a little extra spending cash so I won't
              have to disappoint the local women. :)

              Will

              colin herridge wrote:

              >Will,
              >Whats the cost of living in the USA 5% well i think that wouldn't be seen as excessive !!! hell
              >if was down to me i'd double what ever you're on now,perhaps we can discuss this in Helvetia.
              >Colin

            • colin herridge
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 1 6:28 PM
                Will,
                As Randee disappointed the ladies of czech republic perhaps you could redeem the trackchasers on you imminent european tour.

                colin herridge wrote:

                >Will,
                >Whats the cost of living in the USA 5% well i think that wouldn't be seen as excessive !!! hell
                >if was down to me i'd double what ever you're on now,perhaps we can discuss this in Helvetia.
                >Colin

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Colin H.

                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 1 6:40 PM
                  Well, it looks like we have a real race shaping up as 3 TrackChasers are
                  closing in on the 400 mark, which will give them eligible rule proposing
                  and voting status. I have just received an update from Paul Weisel, who
                  already has 21 new tracks in 2005. That's 20 more since his last update.
                  Positions 23-25 will now read Pam Smith at 370, Paul Weisel at 367 and
                  Roland Vanden Eynde at 364. Will they all reach 400 this year? Time will
                  tell.

                  Will
                • Steve Rixon
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 2 10:34 AM
                    Firstly, in regards to the larger autocross track at Lopik, Netherlands,
                    viewed on May 14 by Randy, Spike and Roland. After going back and forth
                    on this one, I ultimately have decided to continue designating it as a
                    road course (sorry Spike).

                    OK...then in that case I claim a new track :-)

                    When I went to Brakel, they ran the F1's on a ragular oval but some of the
                    other classes ran with a kink in the backstretch, a chicane type thing.
                    Therefore, I claim a Brakel road course... Yippeeeeeee !!!

                    Thanks Guys

                    Spike

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 3 11:06 PM
                      Decatur-Macon County Fair in Illinois has a figure 8 on June 18 @ 7 pm.
                      www.maconcountyfair.com

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 5 9:56 AM
                        Circuit Ste-Croix has 4-25s for late model sportsmen, plus novice and
                        mini stocks, scheduled for Monday, July 18th, at 6:00 pm. Must be a
                        holiday there. Rain date is the following night.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 5 10:30 AM
                          It looks like they will be racing the Montmagny road course, which I
                          lucked into a few years ago, on June 11 and July 2. I can't tell whether
                          or not they also have oval races the same days.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 5 2:08 PM
                            Nodak, ND
                            www.nodakraceclub.com

                            Southwest, ND