Re: [TrackChasers] JRP Speedway, Tulsa, Oklahoma - Track #829

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2005
      In a message dated 4/6/05 12:39:16, ranlay@... writes:

      << We’ve already had the #1 trackchaser in the world ask to be removed from
      all trackchaser record books and communication over an age related flap. His
      request was denied. He was found guilty of counting a track where drivers, who
      were younger than adults, were racing. >>

      This is a complete misstatement and/or understanding of the rule. In fact,
      what was stated above is the exact opposite of the actual rule. The issue was
      not or has never been counting a track where children were racing, it was
      COUNTING A TRACK WHERE ADULTS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO RACE in a countable class.

      Here is the rule taking directly off the website: "Any car or truck type
      class that allows adult drivers is countable. There needn't necessarily be adults
      racing in each particular race in order to count the track."

      I can't see how it could be written any clearer than that.

      GuySmith
    • Rick Young
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2005
        << "To count a track you must see actual racing competition."

        Even in my past rules squabbles with the trackchasing sanctioning group, I had never been faced with two potential rules conflicts at one track.

        If they were racing for "free", was that competitive racing? Of course, there is no requirement that the drivers be paid for the track to count. Was this an exhibition? Brady Bacon's mother quickly answered that question doing her best to imitate a stereo-typical little league parent. >>

        Randy
        I would`nt open that can of worms .... Did you realise that most of the "quality" oval racing classes racing in the UK dont pay to race, in fact the promotors pay the drivers to race... It`s called "Start Money" ... In recent years promotors have tried to wriggle out of this, and in some cases they`ve suceeded and the drivers do have to pay , but I believe START MONEY still excists in BriSCA F1... I think when I quit racing them in the mid 80`s it was about 14 quid (pounds)
        Rick

      • colin herridge
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2005
          Rick Young <stox@...> wrote:

          Randy
          I would`nt open that can of worms .... Did you realise that most of the "quality" oval racing classes racing in the UK dont pay to race, in fact the promotors pay the drivers to race... It`s called "Start Money" ... In recent years promotors have tried to wriggle out of this, and in some cases they`ve suceeded and the drivers do have to pay , but I believe START MONEY still excists in BriSCA F1... I think when I quit racing them in the mid 80`s it was about 14 quid (pounds)
          Rick

          Rick,

          You were good value for 14 pounds buddy lol

          As for the rule definition on children/adult racing i must admit i had read it different to you Guy,so to clear the air say one formula has 100 drivers registered and 99 are under 16 and just 1 is say a white haired old man of 63 even if he never races all year because he could race any other race would be countable,is that correct ?

          Colin H.

          Yahoo! Groups Links