Ice Racing

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16 2:16 PM

      Anyone know anything about the ice race that is supposed to be held this
      Saturday, February 19, in Northwood, NH to benefit the Lions Camp Pride? I want
      to go if they are having it, but I have not been able to find out any info.

      I do know that the Jaffrey club in NH hasn't had a race yet, and may lose
      their whole season, and the Milton, NH group cancelled last week because of
      excessive water on the ice. So the Northwood race may not be held.

      Please post if anyone has found out anything about this race.

      Guy Smith
    • deskjet960@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18 8:58 PM
        Guy, Be aware that the ice race scheduled for Wells is now planned for Round
        Lake this Sunday. PJ

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19 5:14 AM
          In a message dated 2/18/05 23:59:41, deskjet960@... writes:

          << Guy, Be aware that the ice race scheduled for Wells is now planned for
          Round
          Lake this Sunday. PJ >>

          Thanks, P.J. I did see that this morning. CNYIRA is now "officially"
          canceled for this weekend. I am still thinking about AMEC, but leaning more against
          than for. Right now the temperature here is four degrees, and the wind chill
          is minus six. Yet there is still not enough ice to race four to six hours
          north of here. I'll post for everyone when I confirm that Jaffrey is also
          canceled for tomorrow.

          Guy
        • Rick Young
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
            A while back I posted a message with some ice racing dates I found on Quebec Ice Forum. One of the dates was for Kahnawake on Dec 31st ( tommorow) ... I`ve heard no more about it, ...and I can`t see it happening, as I went close by there today (the Mercier Bridge accross the St Lawrence) and the Seaway is yet to freeze. Last week I spotted ships still sailing up it. Up until a few days ago, the area has had higher than normal temperatures .

            I spotted on the forum that they hope to start the racing at Lac Morin (Notre Dame De Mont Carmel) on the 7th Jan

            We had the first real "dump" of snow in the area on Boxing Day (26th DEC) so with the cold temps we`re now getting, it should be good for the New Years Day Winter Enduro at the Brockville Ontario Speedway

            I`ll be giving the ice racing a miss for a week in February, and flying down to Florida for the DIRT MOD tour at Volusia.. I will also be there during the Daytona 500.. so if anyone has a ticket going cheap ( or free ! ) , I`d be pleased to hear from ya,

            Rick