RE: [TrackChasers] Sad News

  • Steve Rixon
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 4, 2005
      Condolences Andy,

      From the UK

      Spike

      -----Original Message-----
      From: andy [mailto:andycv@...]
      Sent: 04 February 2005 15:40
      To: TrackChasers
      Subject: [TrackChasers] Sad News

      Last night around midnight my brother, Tom Sivi, died unexpectedly of an
      apparent massive heart attack. He was only 47 years old.

      Andy S

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • RPMGORDY@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 4, 2005
        Andy,

        So sorry to hear about your loss.Lost my Dad in a similar fashion at the
        same age. Only had the pleasure of your brother's company on a few occasions.
        I'm going to miss his straight forward opinions and reminders that we should
        be having fun at the races first. Take care during this trying time.

        Gordy

      • deskjet960@aol.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 4, 2005
          Andy, I am totally shocked and stunned. You have my heartfelt feelings
          in this time of such incredibly sad news. Tom was a great guy and his love for
          racing and the joy he got from all those nights at places like State Line
          showed me how much others can enjoy our wonderful hobby. God bless the Sivi
          Family. PJ

        • Andy Ritter
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 4, 2005
            Andy-- Horrible news. I never got to meet Tom, but remember when he
            got a new track at Ace High the night my Dad won his first race
            there and did a track report on that race. I always enjoyed Tom's
            commentary and wish more members of the group would be as willing to
            share opinions.

            I am sure he is enjoying a good enduro or R-rated mud race in the
            sky.

            This makes you value the good times even more. My condolences.

            Andy Ritter
          • William White
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 4, 2005
              Andy,

              I am truly shocked and saddened by the unexpected loss of your brother.
              Tom was really a likeable guy, softspoken but always ready to offer his
              opinion on racing topics. I only met up with him a few times but they
              will be remembered fondly. Tom was a part of our extended trackchaser
              family and his loss is felt by many of us as such. My thoughts are with
              you Andy.

              Will
            • sujux1
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 4, 2005
                Awe Man! I so sorry that happened...
                -suju007

                --- In TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com, "andy" <andycv@l...> wrote:

                > Last night around midnight my brother, Tom Sivi, died unexpectedly
                of an apparent massive heart attack. He was only 47 years old.

                > Andy S

              • Bruce Eckel
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 5, 2005
                  Andy,

                  Pat and I were shocked by the news of your brother's passing when I
                  logged on the computer this morning. We send our condolences to you and the
                  rest of your family and also to Tom's girlfriend. We will surely miss Tom
                  as he was always very talky and a pleasure to be with. The first time we
                  ever met Tom was years ago at Erie County Fairgrounds where he came over and
                  asked us if we were Pat and Bruce. We spent the rest of the evening
                  chatting in between racing events. It was an enjoyable evening and one we
                  will always cherish.

                  May God Bless Tom and be with the entire Sivi family in your time of
                  sorrow.

                  Bruce and Pat
                  > I am truly shocked and saddened by the unexpected loss of your brother.
                  > Tom was really a likeable guy, softspoken but always ready to offer his
                  > opinion on racing topics. I only met up with him a few times but they
                  > will be remembered fondly. Tom was a part of our extended trackchaser
                  > family and his loss is felt by many of us as such. My thoughts are with
                  > you Andy.
                  >
                  > Will
                  >

                  > Community email addresses:
                  > Post message: TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subscribe: TrackChasers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  > Shortcut URL to this page:
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Steve Williams
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 10, 2005
                    Andy;

                    My sympathy to you and your family. Tom was the member of an
                    impromptu e-mail group we have. I enjoyed exchanging information
                    on PA racing. He especially liked the old Ford late model pictures
                    I sent around.

                    Steve Williams
                  • William White
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 13, 2005
                      Mileback Speedway is a new, dirt late model oval, scheduled to open on
                      April 1st and run Friday nights. It is located off I-385, in Gray Court,
                      SC. Here is a link to their web site:
                      www.milebackspeedway.net

                      Will
                    • William White
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 13, 2005
                        Based on what I gathered from a Québec dirt racing forum, there is an
                        ice racing track running in Ste-Geneviève-de-Batiscan, which is not too
                        far from the one at Lac Morin. I have no schedule info but apparently
                        they ran their third show of the year yesterday. There was a link to
                        photos of yesterday's races but the link didn't work.

                        Will
                      • Allan Brown
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 5 4:57 PM
                          Paul & Eleanor,

                          We are soory to hear the sad news.

                          Allan & Nancy

                        • Andy Ritter
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 5 5:20 PM
                            Paul & Eleanor,

                            I too would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to your family
                            during this difficult time.

                            Andy Ritter
                          • deskjet960@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 25, 2009
                              Hi All, I wanted to pass on the sad news that we lost Lou Blaney today.
                              He had a very long and successful career....PJ

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 7, 2011

                                Dave Balloch emailed that PA race photographer Dick Greenawalt passed away on Tuesday. He was only 71. If you have followed the Central PA Super Sprint car scene for the past 30 years, you are certainly familiar with his work. If you were involved in the sport as I have been, you certainly knew him. His son Lee followed in his footsteps as an accomplished racing photographer.

                                I just thought I would post this information for the PA people on this listserve, who might have known him.

                              • klascar
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 7, 2011
                                  Sorry to hear about Dick Greenawalt. He spent a good deal of time around
                                  the TQs and ARDC midgets when I was competing. He was always a first-rate
                                  individual. RIP. PW