Re: [TrackChasers] Digest Number 196

  • Don McAuley
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2000
      Thanks Allan,
      When I started messing around with this site last winter I had no idea I
      would wind up being mentioned in a publication like Open Wheel. It's been
      one of the most fun and satisfying things I've ever done and to have people
      actually enjoy the fruits of my labor (so to speak) is very gratifying. One
      of the things I've enjoyed most is the opportunity I've had to meet new
      people who share my interest and enthusiasm for racing.

      There is still no feeling like the first glimpse of that new track as you
      drive up the road. You guys know what I mean, that tingle of excitement and
      anticipation as you realise the culmination of months or years of dreaming,
      planning and scheaming. All those years you read about that famous track
      and you are finally there. With any luck, next year I will get to experience
      this feeling at Gas City.

      With all the awesome milestones you guys have hit this year it's sure made
      for interesting reading. Congratulations to all of you on your achievements.
      Next year should be interesting.
      Regards,
      Don