2004 Review By Numbers

  • andy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      Hello Everyone,

      I just figured out the real reason my 2004 season was off in track chasing - I worked too much! Friday night I finished posting my hours worked for the year. I ended up working 2,973 hours in 2004, 254 hours more than in 2003. During my busy season, 1/1/04 to 4/30/04, I put in 1,410 hours, 47% of my annual total.

      I went to "only" 67 new tracks in 2004. The types of tracks were as follows:

      Ovals
      10 Asphalt
      30 Dirt

      Road Courses
      5 Asphalt
      5 Dirt

      Figure 8
      4 Asphalt
      10 Dirt
      1 Combination

      Indoor Ovals
      1 Concrete
      1 Aluminum

      In 2004 I saw new tracks in 22 different states. The 2004 top 5 states compared to how many I saw in that state in 2003 are:

      8/1 Florida 6/7 Missouri 5/0 Colorado 5/2 Ohio 5/1 Pennsylvania

      This was a big turnaround from the 2003 top 5 states. Listed below are the 2003 top 5 compared to new tracks in that state in 2004.

      14/0 Iowa 9/1 Illinois 9/2 Kentucky 7/0 Minnesota 7/6 Missouri

      Hopefully in 2005 I will work less and track chase more, but I have my doubts about that.

      Andy Sivi