[TrackChasers] Norman F. Wagner

  • William White
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2004
      Norm submitted his 2004 update. He got to 25 new tracks, which would bring
      his total to 663. Norm claims the Columbus figure 8 was his 100th Ohio
      track, making him the 3rd person to get 100 tracks in 2 different states. I
      only have him at 99 so I guess we'll have to sort that one out.

      Will
    • William White
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
        A belated Happy New Year to all,

        Guy unearthed a couple of web sites. One of them, www.quebecglace.com
        , includes info for the ACGQ, a Quebec ice racing group that runs at
        several venues none of us have visited so far. Note the Mont-Carmel this
        group runs at is in a completely different part of Quebec than the oval
        that Rick Young recently visited. This Mont-Carmel is about 50 miles NE
        of Montmagny.

        The second site Guy found is www.indoorracinglondon.com and it has more
        info on the Can-Am TQ midget and Ontario micro sprint races coming up at
        the London Gardens. Note there is no racing on the Friday nights, only
        race track set-up. Races are to start at 7 pm on Saturdays, although
        they may have micro sprint heats on Saturday afternoons.

        It looks like several TrackChasers are not planning to take much of an
        offseason as they are already on the trail of new tracks. I guess we'll
        have to wait until Randy returns from Australia to find out what his
        final record setting total was for 2004, as well as how big of lead he
        will already have in the new year.

        Will
      • William White
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
          Rick Young forwarded info from the AMEC ice racing group in NY that they
          do not have the required 12 inch minimum thickness on the lakes to go
          racing this weekend.

          Will
        • William White
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2005
            The New Dublin Motor Speedway in Dublin, NC, plans to reopen in March
            with a new, reconfigured track. It used to be a high banked, 5/8 mile
            dirt, and last ran in the early 1990s. They are constructing a new 2/5
            mile version, using the same front straight. Thanks to Roger F. for this
            find.
            www.dublinspeedway.com