[TrackChasers] PJ's Oswego

  • William White
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2004
      PJ has an unique situation regarding Oswego Speedway. He first visited the
      track back in 1957. At the time it was a 3/8 mile paved oval. In 1961 the
      track was enlarged to a 5/8 mile paved oval.

      There were many cases in the past of people counting a second track when the
      size changed, sometimes with the original track still active and sometimes
      not. However, beginning in 2004, we are no longer able to count both tracks
      unless they are both active.

      Had PJ remembered sooner that Oswego was a 3/8 mile when he originally
      visited it, no doubt he would have both sized versions on his list now. But
      since he didn't remember it until 2004, he was denied a second Oswego.

      It wasn't until recently that I realized that, technically, PJ has the
      Oswego 3/8 mile and not the 5/8 mile. Now we learned that the old 3/8 mile
      configuration was repaved and an enduro race was held on it last Saturday.
      So now we have 2 active Oswegos. Here's the interesting part. Since PJ is
      now credited with only the 3/8 mile, he simply needs to see racing on the
      5/8 mile next year to add that one to his list. The rest of us will have to
      wait until they use the 3/8 mile again if we want to have both tracks.