Re: [TrackChasers] Track Chasing vs. Race Chasing

  • tom sivi
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2004
      I am pretty sure the moveable mini cup track will end up countable at each location as most will want it that way. The reasoning to count it is sound when and if it runs.

      It only brings up the weakness of counting a track again as a new track when dirt is put on a paved track or when a dirt track is paved. The reasoning to count these would seem to exclude counting the mini cup track more than once since it would be the same surface at each location. I don't see where the ice races or the moved figure 8 would compare at all since the only issue the mini cup track seems to bring up is the track Surface question.

      I am not planning on seeing any mini cups any time soon but if I saw a metal track in 2 different towns, I would count it twice on my list that I have been keeping for 20+ years. I do note with an A&D a track I have seen paved and dirt but no track variation gets listed as another track.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6, 2004
        If we're tallying votes, put me down as countable.

        Sometimes I think in some of these quandaries there really are no right or
        wrong answers; however, I do believe some of these issues could be made
        simpler if we all thought in "simpler" terms. By that I mean think in the
        mindset of a casual lay person.

        Lets pretend John Doe went to the races at both Norfolk and Hampton. John
        left after the heat races at Norfolk because his wife was getting restless.
        While visiting a friend in Hampton the duo decides to go to the races.

        Now if someone asks John Doe, I'm sure he's going to say that's he's been
        two races at two tracks.

        Now I'm not saying that John Doe always has the answers or the correct
        answers for that matter, but sometimes I do think we all think too hard.

        Mike Leone

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2004
          Hi All,
          We will have to count each new building as a new track because I forgot
          to encode the secret trackchasing code on the aluminum sections when I
          was at the Scope Arena so I won't know if it in fact the same metal.
          And, of course, I will get there during the first heat and only watch
          the second heat before I exit for my blended double so there will be no
          opportunity to ask any officials as they will be busy running the races
          therefore I have no way to confirm this is in fact the same surface.
          Me thinks it should be 2 tracks.

          Ed.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 7, 2004
            In a message dated 9/7/04 17:47:06, ejesser@... writes:

            << We will have to count each new building as a new track because I forgot

            to encode the secret trackchasing code on the aluminum sections when I

            was at the Scope Arena so I won't know if it in fact the same metal.

            And, of course, I will get there during the first heat and only watch

            the second heat before I exit for my blended double so there will be no

            opportunity to ask any officials as they will be busy running the races

            therefore I have no way to confirm this is in fact the same surface. >>

            Ah, "rare" humor from Wisconsin. "Well" done.
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 7, 2004
              In a message dated 9/7/04 17:47:06, ejesser@... writes:

              << We will have to count each new building as a new track because I forgot

              to encode the secret trackchasing code on the aluminum sections when I

              was at the Scope Arena so I won't know if it in fact the same metal. >>

              What if one little section was dented, and it was replaced between a race at
              the Scope Arena and one in Hampton? That would make new track in Hampton.
              Seems silly to even discuss this. Chalk Ed up in the different track column.
              7-3.
            • RPMGORDY@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
                Let me add one more silly question to the minicup track issue. If one section
                of the track is broken and has to be replaced, would the adding of the
                replacement section make it a new track as it wouldn't be exactly the same?
                Gordy