#211 Little Valley NY 1/10

  • tomcv58
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
      LV had Short Track Racings on their list of fair events and Short
      was what it was. Like I had expected, the 16 Demo type cars ran 3
      heats and a 9 car feature on a too small heavy watered track in the
      demo square. There were 2 big cement blocks maybe 50 feet apart and
      the cars ran around them. The demo square is just inside the edge of
      the 1/2 mile track so this dinky track is not an inner loop. 1/10
      might be calling it bigger than it really was. Started about 10
      minutes past the 7:30 start time but the was racing over around
      8:30. A good sized FWD Caddy was the winner. Pretty poor excuse for
      a racetrack but noone is counting quality.

      None of the other trackchasers stuck around for the never ending
      school bus demo. 2 of the 5 buses were able to pound each other for
      a hour after the other 3 had stopped. They finally declared the
      Foster brothers co-winners of the demo. The demo was over 1 & 1/2
      hours long ending at 10:30 with only 1 quick red for a bus that had
      the roof collapsed. The 2 buses sounded like they could have run
      another hour even though the backs were really mangled.

      Tom
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
        TrackChasers:

        A little more on Little Valley. Pam and I enjoyed the fair. It had a lot
        more "local" feel to it then some of the other fairs we have recently been to.
        I think it was my favorite fair of the year so far. It was $2 to park, and $8
        for fair admission.

        Members of the Pamby family clan gathered in the grandstand included PJ
        Pamby, Pam and Guy Pamby, Andy Pamby and his brother Tom Pamby, and cousin Norm
        Pamby from out west. Uncle Gordy Pamby was delayed at work and did not make the
        gathering.

        As Tom stated, the track was in the infield of the half mile, and did not use
        the frontstretch. The 16 cars were split into three heats of five or six,
        with the top three finishers making the feature. This was an oval track, and
        there is no figure 8 racing at the fair this year, as there has been the past
        few years.

        They started about ten minutes late, but still had all the racing completed
        in an hour.