#210 Chautaqua Co Fairgrounds Dunkirk NY

  • tomcv58
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2004
      Heavy rains during the day had cancelled about every racetrack
      within at least a hundred miles of Dunkirk. One good thing about
      Fairgrounds F8 races is they rarely cancel. One bad thing is they
      run with less than ideal track conditions.

      23 small fwd cars ran 3 heats & a 15 car feature on a very muddy
      small figure 8 track. Speeds were quite slow due to the muddy track.

      The races lasted 1 & 1/2 hours including a nearly 1/2 hour
      intermission. Mary and I sat with Andy, Norm & PJ.

      The grandstand was around half full at best. We will have to wait to
      see if this turns into an annual event or ends up as a one time
      thing.

      Tom