finally!

  • deskjet960@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2004
      Last Saturday I finally was able to sucessfully get to an oval track race at
      the Yates County Fairgrounds in Penn Yan, NY This place has been a thorn
      in my side ever since I made two unsucessful trips there two years ago only
      to find the place empty. This time was sure not a worry free trip. I had
      continually called both numbes that Eleanor Wideman had gotten for me for the
      fairgrounds, and could not get an answer all week. I finally decided to give it a
      try anyway, since its only a couple hours from my house. I arrived to see a
      full field of thirty full size cars go for 100 laps. There was a delay of
      about an hour at first, waiting for the only ambulance to return from a local
      call. About 150 fans showed up at six bucks a ticket. Apparently, this was
      part of a five or six race enduro series with Black Rock Speedway., and points
      are being kept. The announcer was really good and the fans were having a great
      time. Everyone stayed for the full race! Thirty cars started and only three
      made it to the end. I noted that at half way, 12 were still running. Three of
      the drivers had graduated from the local high school the night before and one
      driver was over seventy! Over all I had a very enjoyalbe afternoon getting
      track # 751. Will---The USA
      figure eight schedule from Michigan also lists two enduros at figure eight
      tracks in Charlotte and Saline. I am going to assume they are countable. PJ

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2004
        PJ,

        Yes, if you don't already have a track there they are automatically
        countable. Roger Ferrell went to both the Charlotte dates last year and he
        called the second one an offroad course, not an oval. It is possible that JM
        might even construct a road course layout at Henrietta (Monroe Co.), in
        which case it would be a new track for everyone. We'll have to wait and see.