Flat Towing in the 70s

  • andy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      Randy,

      Your comments about your dad's stock car brought back memories of when my brother and I flat towed our race cars. In 1976 we towed our 1967 Ford Mustang behind a Mercury Marquis station wagon to run the Figure 8 division at North Hills Speedway, PA. Fortunately, we kept the race car at a gas station just a couple miles up the road from North Hills Speedway. In 1977 and 1978 we raced a Chevelle as a Claimer stock car at Lernerville Speedway, PA. It was a longer tow from where we kept the car so we started the 1977 season with a ramp truck that had been converted from an old pop delivery truck. I didn't like driving it so we quickly swapped it for a Ford pickup and went back to flat towing.

      We had some "Adventures in Towing", especially when we got rained out or damaged the race car :)

      Andy Sivi