misc

  • Allan E Brown
    Message 1 of 102 , Jan 5, 2004
      Andy,

      I'm sure your questions will be addressed by Will too, but I'll add my two
      cents worth.

      1) I'm not sure what to think about the CORR track at Heartland? They both
      sound like road courses. And typically we do not count temporary road
      courses when they change configuration from year to year, but this one
      sounds like it may be in a different location on the property. Which to me,
      if none of the previous circuit is used, then we should consider counting it
      a new track.

      2) Will and I have emailed each other a number of times about counting or
      not counting a track that gets converted into a smaller or larger track, and
      after much consideration I am in agreement with him that we should NOT count
      them. In fact I feel that we should consider eliminating the new small track
      at Sharon from our lists if you've previously seen a race on the old 1/2
      mile dirt track. I have two other tracks, that I'm considering deleting as
      well. The Trenton 1.5 mile track and Mid Michigan in Muir. They extended
      turns three and four and added a dogleg to Trenton, but the grandstands and
      the rest of the track remained in the same position. At Mid Michigan, they
      basically started with a clean slate, but the track is real close to being
      in the same position of the first track. The location of the pit area at Mid
      Michigan is different from the original layout. More on this subject later.

      3) If you've seen a race at Evans Mills when it was dirt, you can not count
      their recently reconverted dirt track as another new track. There have been
      a number of track similar to Evans Mills that was one surface, converted to
      another, and then reverted back to the previous surface. ex. Hartford, MI;
      I-70, MO; Albany-Saratoga, NY;Wyoming Co, NY; Myrtle Beach, SC; just to name
      a few.

      Allan
    • Mike Leone
      Message 102 of 102 , Jan 4, 2006
        I found more info and pics from past events here
        http://www.hometown.aol.com/RallyNewYork2004/Index3.html

        Mike