Re: [TrackChasers] Countable New Tracks or Not?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
      Andy,

      I'll answer the easy ones first. The new dirt Clearfield and Evans Mills
      ovals will not be countable as a separate track if you already have an
      earlier dirt version of the track. The new rule would only allow this if the
      2 ovals either existed and were active at the same time (for example: Dixie,
      Michigan, where an outer oval was added to an inner oval) or if they were
      not connected (for example: Volusia, Florida). Tracks falling under the
      category of Sharon 3/8 and 1/2, Richmond 1/2 and 3/4 or Trenton mile and
      1.5, are no longer countable as two dirt or two paved tracks.

      The Topeka question is a tricky one. I didn't consider something like 2
      offroad tracks coming into play when I came up with the rule proposal. Since
      approval or disapproval is what you asked for, I would have to opt for
      disapproval of counting another offroad there, unless you can be certain
      that the first track was permanent and that most of the courses cover
      separate ground. Otherwise, I would not approve.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
        Will,

        A clarification on Sharon. If you have been to the old 1/2 mile but not
        to the new configuration yet, are you saying that the new configuration
        cannot now be counted as a new track???

        Bruce

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
          Bruce,

          That's right. If you have the dirt 1/2 but not the new dirt 3/8, you can no
          longer count the dirt 3/8 as a second track. In other words, basically the
          new rule is saying that a new track that replaces an old track at the same
          spot, with the same surface, can not be considered a second track, even
          though the new track is smaller or larger than the old one. The main purpose
          behind this rule is to eliminate (or at least greatly reduce) the grey area
          of when to count a second track at the same location.