Re: [TrackChasers] U.K. vs. USA racing

  • Steve Rixon
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4 7:25 PM
      Randy,

      It seems kinda weird reading mails like yours. Having also read things by
      Will, along with talking to Guy last weekend about how much you guys enjoy
      our racing. It's really good to hear such compliments, thanks.

      The weird bit is because I know how much I enjoy USA racing and how I'd so
      love to be able to get over more often...Chili Bowl in Jan was awesome and
      I'm so looking forward to the Mopar Million. We get Winston Cup beamed over
      live now...

      I, at times, find Sprint cars and midgets breathtakingly exciting...but then
      I can still say that of BriSCA Formula 1...I reckon I just love racing (well
      oval racing anyway :-))) )

      Cheers,
      Spike

      BAD DAY'S RACING...
      BEATS A GOOD DAY'S WORK

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5 8:45 AM
        Spike,

        I agree events like the Chili Bowl and the special
        events like the Mopar Million are excellent. I believe
        Winston Cup racing (it's the only racing I tape each
        and every week) is much better on TV than live. You
        get to see and hear so much more about what's going on
        with the TV broadcast than actually being at the race.
        You can also avoid the crowds (more than 100,000 at
        virtually every race), expense (average ticket price
        exceeding $80) and other hassles like traffic, the
        crowd standing for most of the event, etc).

        When you get over here you should try to visit a
        regular program at a regular track. This will give
        you a good comparison.

        Best,

        Randy

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Steve Rixon
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5 5:40 PM
          Randy,

          I've been to some regular shows at some regular tracks. See my track list...

          Yes I agree thou, I do tend to choose the bigger shows, such as USAC or
          Outlaws, UMP shows etc.
          But your little shows aren't any worse than some of our club tracks, believe
          me :-)))

        • Rick Young
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6 9:29 PM
            I`ve been living on the American side of the Atlantic for ten years now, after watching BriSCA F1 racing for nearly 30 years, so you can imagine what a shock ,and how hard it was, getting used to all the yellow flags for minor crashes and spins that spoil a good race.

            I``m now got hooked on DIRT modifieds, which I guess are the nearest thing to a UK F1 stocker ... I`ve tried watching some of the regular racing at paved tracks, but most of what I`ve seen is akin to watching "paint dry" arghhh yawn... wake me up !

            Now, when my lottery numbers come up ! ...and I`ve got mega bucks to spare , I`m gonna bring over some BriSCA F1`s (and a few drivers) for some demonstration races..... think the spectators would go wild !

            Rick

            PS... shame not many of you guys saw the BriSCA F1`s a few years back.... In my opinion they looked alot better back then .. with partly-stock bodies and no roof wings.

            > I agree events like the Chili Bowl and the special
            > events like the Mopar Million are excellent. I believe
            > Winston Cup racing (it's the only racing I tape each
            > and every week) is much better on TV than live. You
            > get to see and hear so much more about what's going on
            > with the TV broadcast than actually being at the race.
            > You can also avoid the crowds (more than 100,000 at
            > virtually every race), expense (average ticket price
            > exceeding $80) and other hassles like traffic, the
            > crowd standing for most of the event, etc).
            >
            > When you get over here you should try to visit a
            > regular program at a regular track. This will give
            > you a good comparison.
            >
            > Best,
            >
            > Randy
            >

            > --- Steve Rixon <hornet.steve@...> wrote:
            > > Randy,
            > >
            > > It seems kinda weird reading mails like yours.
            > > Having also read things by
            > > Will, along with talking to Guy last weekend about
            > > how much you guys enjoy
            > > our racing. It's really good to hear such
            > > compliments, thanks.
            > >
            > > The weird bit is because I know how much I enjoy USA
            > > racing and how I'd so
            > > love to be able to get over more often...Chili Bowl
            > > in Jan was awesome and
            > > I'm so looking forward to the Mopar Million. We get
            > > Winston Cup beamed over
            > > live now...
            > >
            > > I, at times, find Sprint cars and midgets
            > > breathtakingly exciting...but then
            > > I can still say that of BriSCA Formula 1...I reckon
            > > I just love racing (well
            > > oval racing anyway :-))) )
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Spike
            > >
            > > BAD DAY'S RACING...
            > > BEATS A GOOD DAY'S WORK

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Steve Rixon
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7 7:36 PM
              We decided a while back that the USA crowds would freak if they watched
              BriSCA F1, and seeing the reaction to a DD, goodness knows what they'd make
              of Banger Racing

              Spike