Gordy's trip

  • Randy Lewis
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2003
      Gordy,

      Nice report. You should write more often. Darrell
      Dake was/is my all-time favorite driver. His car
      number was 8. For yours my license plate read
      "Dake8". Davenport's quarter mile was the second
      track I ever saw. I agree an enduro is very
      entertaining at Lake Geneva. Have fun at the Eagle
      Race Track in Republic, Washington. It's a very
      unusual setting for a track. Not sure what direction
      you'll be using to get to the track but I recall using
      a ferry on my way there. Drive safely.

      Randy

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Allan E Brown
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 12, 2005
        Gordy,

        It is good to hear from you again. Welcome back. I'm so sorry to hear that
        Suz' problems continue. I wish her the best.

        I wanted to be at Perris. There was a board meeting of the Sprint Hall of
        Fame that weekend, and we were supposed to go to Parnelli Jones house to see
        his collection. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw they had 68 cars.
        Perris is a neat track that's for sure.

        I couldn't attend the NSCHoF meeting as I help coordinate the annual
        Michigan Motor Sports Hall of Fame induction banquet. We had 300 people at
        the MMSHoF banquet last Sunday. We inducted 12 people. Three of them I'm
        sure you heard their names before. Bruce Allen (NHRA ProStock driver), Mark
        Tate (APBA Hydroplane racer); and Mike Garvey (All-Pro, ASA, Hooters Cup,
        and now Nextel Cup). Mike couldn't attend as he was trying to qualify for
        the Cup race at Texas. When the team had engine problems and they had to
        withdraw, he tried getting a flight back to Michigan, but the first one was
        too late for the banquet. His mom had to accept the award for him.

        Allan
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 12, 2005
          Gordy,

          Glad to hear that you and Sue were able to enjoy your vacation. I'm
          sorry that she has to undergo more surgery and I wish her the best.

          Will
        • Andy Ritter
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2005
            Gordy- I too will keep you guys in my thoughts. Your family has had
            a rough year.

            --

            In an unrelated note does anyone know which tracks are racing on New
            Years weekend? I believe Ransomville and Anderson, IN have races, but

            Thanks

            Keep it fun!- Andy Ritter
          • Bruce Eckel
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 15, 2005
              Gordy,

              Pat and I were saddened to hear of Susan's latest setback. We pray for
              her every night and will continue to do so. Keep the faith, both of you, as
              we know things will work out. God Bless.

              Bruce and Pat