Reconfigured Tracks

  • tomcv58
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2003
      You guys can count or not count what you like. What is countable has
      very little bearing on where I go. So the rules have very little
      effect on me personaly.

      I would say the reconfigured track issue should be left as is since
      the numbers are minimal. wanting to take away 1 or 2 tracks from
      someone is only going to heat up the conflicts of inner loops ,Xs ,
      inner road courses and dirt vs pavement issues.

      I have always went with the one location one track with my personal
      (not trackchaser) track list. I also do not think anything with a
      briggs and stratton type engine is a car.

      The new Sharon track was the only trackchaser number that I really
      had to give thought to whether it should count as a new track on my
      personal list. it was a close call but even though I feel it is a
      new track it did make it as one on my personal list. it is at the
      same location that had ran the year before. you could park , pay and
      sit in the same spot you did before. The mini sprint track that was
      turned in DE may not be that much different than Sharon as it is
      still on the same property , a new track at the same location, just
      reconfigured.

      But I feel the new Sharon track deserves to be counted far more now
      than when they spread dirt on the paved track. Counting Challenger
      as 2 tracks makes no more sense than counting the Bandalaro track at
      LES.

      Best to count Trenton as however many tracks one feels was there as
      it makes no real difference. A track going from a mile to a mile and
      a half would be quite a different track anyways.