Economaki update: another far away place!

  • deskjet960@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2003
      Found another far away track for Chris.
      1987- Spa, Belgium, World Sports Cars

      PJ
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2003
        That's interesting. We now have 19 verified countries for Chris and there
        are still 4 more that he mentioned to Allan last year and that we haven't
        found tracks for yet. Belgium was not one of the countries he gave us. If we
        find a couple more countries for Chris that he didn't think of he could
        conceivably end up with the TrackChaser record for most countries. Presently
        Roland Vanden Eynde's 24 is our record.

        On another note, I'm considering removing the Mexican Road Race from Chris'
        track list. I knew it was a point to point race, but after reading more
        about it I now know that it was held over a number of stages as rallies are.
        Truly a classic in auto racing history but I don't think it is TrackChaser
        countable.

        I wonder where Chris watched the race from. One end of it was in Ciudad
        Juárez, across the border from El Paso, the other end was in Tuxtla
        Gutiérrez, which is a few hours from the Guatemala border. The first running
        in 1950 ran north to south, then from 1951-54 they ran it south to north.

          << On another note, I'm considering removing the Mexican Road Race from Chris'

          track list. I knew it was a point to point race, but after reading more

          about it I now know that it was held over a number of stages as rallies are.

          Truly a classic in auto racing history but I don't think it is TrackChaser

          countable. >>

          Will:

          I'm wondering why Trenton paved mile and paved 1.5 mile count as two separate
          tracks? Isn't this the same track, just enlarged?

          gms
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2003
            Guy,

            I've never seen Trenton and I don't know the story behind the different
            tracks. Allan has both those tracks on his list so maybe he can explain it.
            Perhaps it is similar to the Richmond 1/2 and 3/4?