Re: [TrackChasers] June 19

  • RPMGORDY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2003
      Rick. If I have any energy left after returning from a 2 week trip of my own
      to the Pacific Northwest and the Canadian Rockies, I'd like to make that show
      at Brockville. Save me a seat, please, in case I make it.

      Allan. I saw a schedule somewhere for regular racing at the Minnesota State
      fairgrounds, believe it or not, but I didn't write the stuff down or remember
      now where I saw it. If I find it again, I'll do a better job on providing the
      info. Gordy

    • Rick Young
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2003
        Gordy.
        The Brockville date for me is pretty definate. That day I`m not scheduled to work , so I should be there early and it should`nt be a problem to save you a good seat. It will be nice to meet you.
        Yep, it`s usually a good one... it`s a Super DIRT race for the small-blocks so all the top guys should be there.
        Get back in touch nearer to the "race day"
        Rick
        Rick. If I have any energy left after returning from a 2 week trip of my own
        to the Pacific Northwest and the Canadian Rockies, I'd like to make that show
        at Brockville. Save me a seat, please, in case I make it.

        Allan. I saw a schedule somewhere for regular racing at the Minnesota State
        fairgrounds, believe it or not, but I didn't write the stuff down or remember
        now where I saw it. If I find it again, I'll do a better job on providing the
        info. Gordy

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Edward J. Esser
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7, 2003
          Gordy,
          I gotta believe you saw the Minn. Fair schedule in MARC Times pg. 21 of
          their pull-out schedule section. I saw that too - I looks like the
          Schedule for Raceway Park - Shakopee, MN. OOPS!!!
          Ed

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • RPMGORDY@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 7, 2003
            You were right, Ed. Shame on those Beebes for misleading us like that. I
            should've known it was too good to be true. That schedule makes sense for
            Raceway Park. I saw ARTGO on my only visit there. Dale Earnhardt was there
            and started on the pole. The announcer interviewed Dick Trickle, who was
            starting 16th, before the race and asked him if he was worried about the
            famous invader on the pole. Trickle said" Nah! I'm gonna lap him." He did so
            around lap 50 after taking the lead around lap 25. It was quite a dominating
            performance by one of the greatest pavement drivers ever. I rate only the
            late Richie Evans as better on pavement, and that's probably because I saw
            him many more times. While I'm at it, I rate Steve Kinser the best dirt
            driver I've ever seen. Anyone care to debate this issue? I'd certainly like
            to hear what such a diverse group as ours thinks were the best ever.
            Gordy

          • Randy Lewis
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 7, 2003
              Gordy,
              I'll go with Steve Kinser on dirt as well. I don't think anyone was better than Dick Trickle but I might give Richie Evans equal billing on asphalt.
              Randy
              RPMGORDY@... wrote:You were right, Ed. Shame on those Beebes for misleading us like that. I