Airborne Speedway: Hunt, NY

  • Paul Brauer
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
      As promised (although it took me a while), I took a "drive-by" to
      check out this new track last Friday.

      I must say that I have my doubts that the track will see racing this
      year. It appears that the shape of a racetrack is there, that may
      be ready for cars to go around it. There is a grader and a front
      end loader that prevented me from driving on the property...as if
      the look of a very soggy field weren't enough of a deterrant. Thats
      about it! Oh, I can't forget the pile of debris (branches, old
      fence posts, etc) that was in the infield.

      What's NOT there: a sign, grandstands, guard rails, buildings of
      any kind, a passable access road, pit area, fences, or anyone doing
      any work. Its basically a field w/ a dirt oval carved into it.

      I must say that I am sorry to report this news, but I dont think
      there will be racing there anytime soon....at least not by May!
      Hopefully I am wrong.

      Paul
    • Will White
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
        <What's NOT there: a sign, grandstands, guard rails, buildings of any
        kind, a passable access road, pit area, fences, or anyone doing any work.
        Its basically a field w/ a dirt oval carved into it.>

        Some of us have a few tracks on our list like that already, sounds ready to
        go to me :-)

        Will
      • paul brauer
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2003
          I see your point, but I kinda got the impression from
          the website that this was going to be more of a racing
          facility than a "back-yard" track. LOL!

          http://tax.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2003
            In a message dated 4/1/03 9:03:07 PM, pbrauer14@... writes:
            << I must say that I am sorry to report this news, but I dont think

            there will be racing there anytime soon....at least not by May!

            Hopefully I am wrong. Paul >>

            Whatdayamean, May? The website says racing in late April! :}