[OT] Yahoo! hellps itself; Riverside International Raceway Memorial

  • Frank S
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2002
      Like many, I view my personal data and behavior as my property. I don't
      like anyone else deciding what is done with or to them, or the
      direction they take. I'm also wary of things I don't entirely
      understand, and here's one of the many:

      [From another Yahoo! group] Message: 7
      Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:22:25 -0500
      From: <postmaster@...>
      Subject: Naughty Naughty Yahoo...

      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

      > After you click on the "opt out"link, pay attention to the
      > gray button that comes up CANCELS the opt out, so don't
      > click it; just close
      > the browser tab or the browser window instead.
      >
      > You may also want to note that you are opting out of for
      > a specific
      > browser & a specific computer. If you use multiple computers or
      > browsers, you need to opt out for each.
      > "

      The admiistrators who go ahead and institute some offensive or untried
      change when they have an idea permission would be denied must have
      learned from Admiral Grace Murray Hopper, the Navy computer queen, who
      preached that approach.

      New Subject:

      The Riverside International Raceway Memorial has been approved by
      Moreno Valley civic leaders, and is in the late stages of design and
      early stages of fundraising, with dedication projected for May, 2003.
      You are most likely to find current information here:
      http://tinyurl.com/2r3z

      Frank ess